Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
So I am playing classic through the reforged client because I never bought reforged but have the old keys on my account from back in the day

So the map editor is history now, there is no way to access it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Thank you!

So great to at least play the original game without buying reforged and also to just pretend reforged never happened.

Thinking about it, Warcraft 3 was one of the last games of that tradition that had awesome, thick manuals packed with lore. The Warcraft 2 manual was really one of the reasons I started drawing all the time as a little kid. Those were the days for manuals!

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

That’s what I’m saying I am not getting even low quality bathroom reading out of these modern game manuals

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Yeah now days I can clearly see that Metzen and Samwise are low tier artists. But when I was 9 all that hit me in a completely different way.

The manuals had the right amount of works building to get a little kid super invested in the world. Looking back, those books elevated the those games higher than the sum of their parts and mechanics. I mean you couldn’t even select more than 9 loving units.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

WoW has Sylvanas' faction of free undead join the Orcs (and the rest of the Horde). It was an alliance out of practicality and shared dislike of the, umm, Alliance.

This was pretty good back in vanilla wow. You would alwys find some random undead npc who was planning to poison members of the rest of the horde races, or gently caress with them in other ways