Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

My favorite UMS was some RPG called The Imagica or something like that. It was very simple but also really addictive and good to play with a group.

Imagica was the poo poo. So many hours of my college years were spent LANing that map with as many players as we could find in our dorm.

The best map is Run Kitty Run though, but only the versions with the pitch altered Linkin Park track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Vermain posted:

I'm still really disappointed no one's made a standalone Enfos-style game. I think it'd be great fun with some mechanics updates and a general increase of gameplay speed (so that it doesn't take, like, an hour and a half to complete one game).

I loved Enfos so much, so much of my youth was wasted enriched LANing that with my friends. I'm still disappointed there isn't some kind of iteration of it for SC2 :smith:

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Why was that? I poured a ton of time into the War3 editor, so I know it fairly well. I don't think I've even started up the SC2 one. I can't imagine it's any less capable, so it's gotta be something else.

I loved the War3 editor, and while the SC2 is amazing in how much control it allows you, it is just such a pain in the rear end to use. Allowing so much freedom comes at the cost of user friendliness, so either less people are capable of making their maps, or don't even want to bother.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Right at release, Huntresses were the flavor of the week "cheese" tactic. You could just mass them and steamroll anyone who didn't know exactly what they were doing. But for a while, mass casters for orcs and humans was the shiiiiit.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Pre-DOTA Allstars was the best time in MOBAs, when people just churned out these horribly unbalanced maps that were super fun to play. I forgot what it was called, but there was one on a huuuge tileset that had little villages in between all the lanes and stuff, gave it a really cool sense of scale.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Maybe they can re-Warlords of Draenor it and retcon everything with a timewarp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

Isn't that the plot to Duke Nukem 3D?