Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin

ArkhamPraetor posted:

The 5th(?) human mission is probably the hardest in the game, at least on hard difficulty. Every other mission is mostly very forgiving.

If that's the one where you're defending your base for 30 minutes, then yeah, that one is tough.

Warcraft 3 (and its expansion) is a good game and everyone interested in RTS games should play it. Have A Good Time! :classiclol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin

extra stout posted:

I'm up for Frozen Throne, add zugzug. I'm real bad. Also is it just me or is the WC3 campaign very easy as an adult now, but WCII is still impossibly hard?

Are you/other goons playing on US East? I started some casual laddering over the summer and got my rifleman icon. It was my first experience with competitive Warcraft 3 when previously I'd only played custom games. Playing it has really made me excited for the possibility of a new RTS in the Dota 2 world editor.

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin

Billy Elliot posted:

You guys in the steam group ever run FFA matches? I never liked custom games in war 3 and still want to play the real game. FFA was a gift town back when war3 was popular, can't imagine it now.

I played a couple FFA games last month or so, but I wasn't enjoying it as much as 1v1. That's not to say I wouldn't be up for a goon FFA game because that could be a lot of fun

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin

Eregos posted:

Hell, somebody might even make a popular warcraft 4 DoTA.

This is exactly what I'm waiting for. The potential for a revival of Warcraft 3 era custom games is so great, specifically a port of Warcraft 3 or some evolution of it.

idiot stupid
Aug 23, 2014

still a virgin
I have no problem rolling over anyone using heroes only and some riflemen on ladder. Of course, I imagine everyone playing right now are just crummy players like myself and don't know better.