Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
I'm glad that we got World of Warcraft, as much as it's easy to poo poo all over that game now it was amazing in 2004. But I'll always be a bit bummed out that because of WoW, we never got Warcraft 3 as the RPG/RTS hybrid that was originally planned. Also, I've always wondered what the 6th race would have been before they decided to drop it down to 4. I know the 5th was meant to be the Burning Legion, but I've never heard anything about the last one. Warcraft 3 was still a glorious game from a better time, a time when Blizzard designed their RTS games without worrying about stupid e-sports bullshit, and added extra races because new races are fun even if they gently caress up multiplayer balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

extra stout posted:

I'm up for Frozen Throne, add zugzug. I'm real bad. Also is it just me or is the WC3 campaign very easy as an adult now, but WCII is still impossibly hard?

I always rage out and start cheating by the 4th mission of the Undead Frozen Throne campaign because it gets too frustrating. This last time I just quit about halfway through the first campaign because it loving sucks. I somehow managed to legitimately beat both the Orc and Human Warcraft 2 campaigns for the first time a couple of years ago, but I can't deal with the expansion pack missions at all.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

The hybrid rts/rpg thing War3 they were going to make before deciding to make WoW instead sounded rad as gently caress

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Also, I'm sure this poo poo is never going to happen but the logical next step in the development of WoW after what they've done with garrisons this expansion is to let your character become a leader of armies. gently caress arenas and terrible pvp that only retards enjoy, make the next WoW have a pvp mode that is a full-fledged Warcraft RTS experience.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I think that Blizzard got really interested in Everquest, so they decided to turn the RPG stuff into WoW and used Warcraft 3 as a straight RTS to set the stage for that.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

I prefer lots of races and interesting/weird poo poo over perfectly balanced blandness every single time. But then it's not ~e-sports~

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Which is great and I think Starcraft 2 is an amazing game. But I would have liked it a lot more if they had added a race and mixed up the existing races a lot more than they did, even if that happened at the expense of balance. That's just a personal preference, I like new and unique poo poo more than I like perfect balance.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710416

Games forum Warcraft 3 tournament, please sign up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

Yes