Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Defghanistan posted:

So you can't load WC3 on OSX Mountain Lion

awesome

Time to boot camp I guess?

Aww, that sucks. :woz:
System 10.9 Mavericks killed UT2K4 as well. It just keeps getting worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

When WoW came out I had a perfectly cromulent experience playing through WC3 again with invincibility cheat. You get the same story and all the fun of base building so that's the path I'd recommend for people who like RTSes but aren't very good at them. (not trying to be snide here, I'm not great at them either.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Update to the latest version of WC3 (1.24?) and you can choose widescreen resolutions.

Or just use a Mac where every games was always widescreen/high res enabled. :woz:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

You can run War3 singleplayer on current OS X but not multiplayer.

What's the problem you're getting when you download it? Is the problem that the installer is PPC only?
Unfortunately in that circumstance you will need to install it in Sheepshaver and then copy it to your computer then update it to an Intel compatible build.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

virtually every change they made was bad (they hired a designer from command and conquer to lead which is the weirdest to me).

The fact that they keep hiring these lead designers from other franchises has to be weird.

1) Blizzard the company has incredibly low self-esteem
2) They don't actually enjoy playing their own games or understand why people like them?
3) It must suck to be a mid-level employee in Blizzard and keep seeing this outside "talent" being hired above you

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

LOMA, please.

MOBA makes no sense because that describes literally every game ever. (Plus why does a LOMA need to be online?)
FARTS doesn't really make sense because it's not strategic, and doesn't really have any RTS elements besides.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Whomever buys it please tell us what the "quality of life improvements" actually are.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I'm hosting a LAN tomorrow night; this had better be released today Friday pacific time.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I think it was 1.26 that added widescreen/high resolutions for poverty windows users, so it's been a while.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

E: Did warcraft 3 have a direct TCP/IP connect option?

Nope (which was actually fairly annoying at the time.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Great to see this crap is infesting games now also.

https://twitter.com/colincornaby/status/1223073101312753664?s=20

By the way, if you check the replies someone worked out this is why Hearthstone crashes a while after you buy something.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Under the Internet Copyright Act signed by Bill Clinton you MUST delete this copy of Warcraft 3 after 24 hours.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

did any mobas even attempt to deviate from the 3 lane, corner bases format?

Demigod had some good ideas and I think may even have been the first of the DOTAlikes to hit full commercial release but whiffed badly.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Comrayn posted:

None of you have played WoW in like 10+ years and it shows lol. You went from being the commander of the alliance/horde expedition to being the leader of all (your class here) to bring the champion of Azeroth in the last three expansions. It loving sucks and everyone wants to go back to being a nobody, but when you were a nobody everyone jerked off snarky forum posts that were like “oh mr new expansion npc you don’t who Ia m???? I, god killer Xarthasxx???” There’s no pleasing people.

Like almost everything, the people who complain about being the leader of the world's problems aren't the same people who complain about being a nobody picking through piles of poo for quest items.

The current system of your character being an unofficial enforcer for your faction leaders seems OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gonna sell my computer tower for actually having TFT+ROC campagins function as intended

This is the new version of selling an iPhone that still has Fortnite installed.