Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-ordered Reforged as soon as it became available. So excited to be able to play Warcraft 3 again and in 4K.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The remodels look amazing. So excited for this release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I remember thinking Warcraft III would have made a great foundation for an MMORPG in the future based on Warcraft. Then Blizzard announced World of Warcraft for real. Be careful what you wish for is what i'm trying to say.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mercury Crusader posted:

They should rename Warcraft III to just "Warcraft" because they're never gonna re-release Warcraft 1 or 2.

Warcraft 3 assumes you already know and have played the previous games though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I thought Blizzard said at Blizzcon that Reforge would be out early 2019. I don't know how it can take a long time to develop a low effort remaster, but Blizzard did just lay off 800+ people and shuffle everyone around into new unannounced projects.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BlazetheInferno posted:

Have you looked at literally anything from Reforged?

It's not doing anything that every other remaster hasn't already done. Blizzard is just super inefficient with their resources like they have always been.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fanatic posted:

That's great news.

GOG are probably better equipped at porting DOS era games to modern OS's than Blizzard because they've been doing it for years.

Blizzard in-house could for sure do this stuff no problem, but there's certain expectations when Blizzard releases a title on their platform as opposed to GOG.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Warcraft I & II are available now on Good Old Games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I tried playing Warcraft I last night and couldn't do it. The game is painfully outdated and difficult. Being able to only select 4 units at a time, no mouse scroll, basic hotkeys, it was painful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still impatiently waiting for this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So did Blizzard abandon the remake or what? It feels like Reforge has been quietly canceled or massively delayed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gildiss posted:

After all we've seen from Blizzard now I don't even want Diablo 4. I don't want a goddamn thing except new graphics on my old WC3 now.

Pretty much yeah. There's a lot of legit reasons to hate Blizzard right now. I've never been one of those "Blizzard use to be good until WoW." types, but ever since Blizzcon 2018, they have really taken a poo poo on everything out in broad daylight.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There's only like 3 people working on this remake, isn't there?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Noticed Diablo III has the pre-order bonus for Warcraft III Reforged, finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got a weird survey from Blizzard in my e-mail, asking me what I would want to see improved in Warcraft III Reforged. I mean... just fix the entire game up to the standards that were originally promised to begin with?