Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ha, the store page still says "pre purchase, Warcraft 3 reforged edition releases on or before December 31st 2019". Seems somewhat unlikely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is the orc campaign from Frozen Throne in? Saw people saying custom campaigns aren't possible and I remember the orc campaign basically being that as a sort of advert for what you could potentially do. You played as Rengar and recruited a couple other heroes and there was a fair bit of travelling between maps doing sidequests and poo poo. It might even have come out post launch but I can't remember now.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Haven't they gutted the gently caress out of their QA teams in recent years. That probably explains a lot of the shonkiness.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think if they ever did do a Warcraft 4 it would definitely be set in some WoW time period, the playerbase is massive even now and they'd want to try and get a lot of them to play it. You'd just explain the parts of the WoW universe that are relevant to the plot of the game and probably have a new character who's the equivalent of Arthas or Raynor in Starcraft and have new stuff happen in it that probably wouldn't be reflected in WoW cause that'd be very complicated.

They probably won't do a Warcraft 4 though, I guess maybe the MS acquisition might make it slightly more likely since MS seems to like having all the genres on game pass and they've been doing stuff with Age of Empires.