Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I think probably one reason they didn't hire a bunch of map makers to work on Starcraft 2 is because they put it on the backburner while the Everquest players they hired made WoW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Battle.net 2.0 was a loving terrible design and literally did not improve upon a single thing that WC3s battle.net had and actually just made a whole lot of it worse. Did Blizzard ever release any of those "premium custom maps" that they were hyping up pre-sc2 launch? The only one I heard about (BLIZZARD DOTA) is becoming it's own game now

Aiur Chef and Left 2 Die? They came out ages ago.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Hey, speaking of which: Are there any good Custom Campaigns? I found a bunch of defunct Warcraft 4s, I guess.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I didn't know about the Demo campaign! I played it a couple hours ago, and it was.... Neat? Nothing crazy, I guess. Thrall is the only hero and he caps at 4 or 5, but you get decent unit selection for a prologue and it runs the gamut of generic mission types.

I do like the Rexxar thing better though, because by the end your posse become invincible poo poo-wreckers in a game of fake DotA.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

EVERYBODY SHUT UP I found out why Crypt Fiends' shots boomerang back to them! Earlier alpha/beta builds gave them a life steal mechanic similar to Crypt Lord's ult.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

The hybrid rts/rpg thing War3 they were going to make before deciding to make WoW instead sounded rad as gently caress

You mean the pre-alpha WC3? It's kinda trippy seeing the Necromancer model as a Hero unit or reading about weird abilities, like Headhunters who stealth and get bonus sight radius when they stand still.

My favorite bit of trivia is that you could pack Riflemen in the Steam Tank and they could attack poo poo.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I expect WC4 to borrow from HotS (not that one) to offer skins and poo poo. Maybe a system where each faction has about a dozen heroes, but you pick three to use in game; that kind of account bound stuff.

Edit: Summoner spells tied to account level that do Red Alert superweapon attacks.

HitTheTargets fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 11, 2015

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

Prav posted:

I'm still waiting for the WC2 where the orcs invade present-day earth.

Warlords of Draenor 2: it's Time To Get Real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

No mass huntress rush, no sale.