Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Seat Safety Switch posted:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/top-automotive-engineering-failures-oldsmobile-diesels

The Mustang would have been an appropriate choice if Ford had made a bad diesel in the 80s.

My family took a GM diesel to nearly 300k. Two head jobs and otherwise almost zero work. That car ruled, and it's still running (although it's in need of head work again).

It even sat for about 6 years and it came back to life within 10 minutes of putting in the battery.

e: I admit that this was not the typical experience and reaction to those things, but we loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

There is something intensely satisfying about a correctly rebuild body that got a good coat of POR-15 and body color. It's so new and clean and perfect.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

"Ironblock's Datsun Restomod: It didn't fit, so I had to cut it down"

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

IronBlock's Inter-Continental Ballistic Datsun Restomod: "more on this later"

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Somewhat Heroic posted:

My favorite experience of stupidity was when I changed the oil on my old 3.0L Mazda6 and didn't notice the rubber gasket from the previous filter stuck to the block and didn't come off with the filter. I started the car to pull it off the ramps and first heard, then saw ~6 quarts of fresh synthetic making its escape down my parents driveway. :suicide: I had never heard of that happening before and it seems that everyone else has experienced that at least once.

We're all really quiet about it so the legacy of feeling like a moron can live on.

• Locked thread