Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ironblock posted:

This is the quality of the stuff I gave to Maas.

This is what I got back.

Aha, that's interesting. Your inner joints for the suspension arms are self-tapping threas into the pressed arms, running on an Acme-esque thread on the pivot attached to the chassis? My Standard has that setup, and I don't recall seeing another car use the same design. My kingpins between the lower arm and upright (tops are balljoints) are the same design.

Word is that they prefer heavy oil to grease for best performance and wear-prevention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ironblock posted:

the more impractical and convoluted my solution to the problem is, the happier it will make me.
Me, RScott and others can see if anyone in aerospace is hiring if you like, you'll fit right in with a design office somewhere.

• Locked thread