Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

bandman posted:

Not even on the edge of my seat anymore. I am standing and demanding more ICBD!

Actually, now I'm intrigued as to the "Ballistic" part. Does this car ramp off a hillside at any point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

TheNothingNew posted:

I know next to nothing about cars, but love ground-up rebuilds. I was going to add "like these," but I don't think I've seen one this complete before.

If you haven't seen them, Mooecow and Kevbarlas' threads are right up your alley. They were posted in progress rather than after the fact (and Kev's is still ongoing) but they're perennial favorites.

Mooecow: Milktruck Megathread

Kevbarlas: Coolest Ford camper van ever

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Gonna guess the tub has some dope wheels to fit over the larger brake setup.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ironblock posted:

You wouldn't put an EcoBoost in a 67 Mustang. Don't do this.

Worked pretty well for the SVO. :colbert:

Although if we're talking Ecoboost it's gotta be the 3.5.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Wasn't like the sole root issue with the Olds diesel the fact that they used the same head bolts from the gas V8 on a motor with 22:1 compression?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Looks like you're... caught in a rad bromance.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

And a modern Nissan badge on the steering wheel.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

E: WHOOPS WRONG THREAD

Yeah, stick with the carburetors.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Seat Safety Switch posted:

For the level of noise and maintenance I have to spend on it, I want a loving V8 powered shredder that I can offhand-chuck an entire binder full of paper at and have it shred it rings and all. I'm a busy man, motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZDngpTmpzQ

:q:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Black IIRC.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If it's just a socket it probably won't kill the motor, but it will wreck poo poo when it inevitably gets flung off at 6000 RPM.

Plus you lose the socket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ironblock posted:

The journey is definitely the worthier part. Next Roadster might get a supercharged 13B or similar. "Next Roadster" might also actually be code for the free Roadster frame (no body) I got. But that's another story.

:allears:

favorite build thread atm

• Locked thread