Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Echoing just how awesome this project is, and looking forward to seeing more of the story unfold.

My guess is Toyota 4pots and a disassembled transmission in the tub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ironblock posted:

This was kind of the only X-factor, but by doing some Googlin', I've discovered that sometimes the Harley guys need to pressure feed "high cube drag bikes, bro", and they use Mikuni part no 786-27001-2.3, which is a smaller float bowl valve "for pressure feed only". I strongly strongly suspect that this is the only "mod" being done to make the carbs work with pressure feed.

Ummm... could it be this simple/easy? eBay Link
Part number looks like it matches and says it's a needle valve, my understanding of carbs is all theoretical so I might be pointing to the wrong thing.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I've forgotten to tighten the rad hose after throwing in the rad and my mistake became very apparent when I was bridging the motor up to temp.

It's exactly like a really angry geyser, and the sweet smell of burning coolant once it hits the exhaust.

Also, no hood installed at the time. Inside the garage. COOLANT EVERYWHERE

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I learned a long time ago about buy it once, buy it right. Cheap stuff costs more than expensive stuff.

I still have the occasional cheap moment, but I no longer try to nickel and dime everything.

Glad to see an update on this thread, and my heart sank when I read your last update on the oil filters. As a little fun fact, the first gen Honda s2000's can apparently vibrate off their oem oil filters, located directly above the exhaust headers, and it's exacerbated by high rpm operation (yay 9k redline) spilling hot oil on a hot exhaust :kingsley:

• Locked thread