Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

ironblock posted:

...IronBlock carefully adjusts his Rolex and clears his throat.

"Mr. Parker," he intones, "you're late."

A female British voice pipes in This post is brought to you by Rolex watches... Because serious Internet posters keep serious time, in style. Outro jingle.

Rolex has been advertising a lot lately on the Podcasts I listen to :)

Also I'm loving 100% on board with your idea and if you're carbs sing anything like my DCOE 45s do I can assure you that it is a siren song indeed. They will do things to you man...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

drat all of these posts and none of them about the Datsun.

When I start to think of clutter and hoarders it makes me feel claustrophobic and like I should immediately make a pass through all of my belongings and get rid of anything that hasn't seen recent use. :psyduck:

I need to go wash my hands five times now.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Come back to us!

Any progress made with carb man? Are you currently running from the law after assaulting carb man with a pipe?

Yeah seriously! Tell us the story like it's a Punisher comic!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Fantastic updates. Side drafts are the best and this makes me inspired to spend some more time on my '02 getting it cleaned up and driveable for the summer.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Volvo Girling calipers! That's the same things I've got up front in my '68 2002!

And modernization be damned, I'm keeping my loving carbs too! Even if it means paying someone else to work on them for me (which is to say I'm pretty sure they need to be rebuilt).

So if you're going bigger brakes are you going to go with a Wilwood kit or something?

Also, 3.5PSI seems super low, even my 45 DCOE Webers are fine with 5-6.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

drat, when you drove off into the sunset in the second video I just wanted everything to be ok forever :( :(. SAY WORDS THAT MAKE IT BETTER IRONBLOCK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

So am I seeing bearing failure due to oil starvation or did something get stuck in there? I don't have as much experience with engine internals so while I can tell what the parts are I'm confused if the pictures identify a part that failed first and caused the dominoes to start falling.

Either way, good luck with the new engine build, I can't wait to watch and learn!

• Locked thread