Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This is a good thread. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tub has some huge rotors to go with the calipers.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Judging by its size v. the shop door, its a transmission. They usually come in plastic tubs like that, and its way too big to be a rotor (which traditionally come in small cardboard boxes)

Oh, it was delivered in that tub? I thought it was just a storage tub of his.....Then yeah transmission sounds about right.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ironblock posted:

I like carbs, I like fuel injection, but I like them for different things and for different reasons.

Why not ITB's then? Best of both worlds.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Jesus, the issues with those carbs just screams for an EFI conversion to me, gently caress the purists. Hell I'd go full restomod, that car with modern EFI, brakes and suspension etc would be ten times better than any modern roadster.

Just my opinion though, I applaud your effort and it sucks that your motor has appeared to have exploded all over your work bench :(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha oh poo poo if that happened to me I'd want to maim myself horribly.

The other day I overheated my Miata because I forgot to put the radiator cap back on, I was so pissed at myself.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Or do the poor man's version like Roadkill does, write a big list on cardboard with a sharpie and cross off each job as you finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

First time I ever bought synthetic oil, expensive as hell at the time, poured four quarts right through the engine on to the ground because I was dumb and didn't put the drain plug back in. Went back to the store and got regular cheap oil :(

• Locked thread