Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Boats don't have Internet cafes on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Turns out if you see this fucker on Corellia, you shouldn't mess with him:

Because I walked up and he instantly deathblew me. :stare: Anyone know anything about this? I was running some missions out in New Sundari and he was sitting behind their (empty) cantina.

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012
He looks like someone's bounty hunter mission target. That same model and resists set pops up a lot while doing those.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
He does look like that, but I thought only the BH whose mark it is could attack or be attacked by them.

You must really be a dick for him to have come after you.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I miss you guys, good to see the goontown is still thriving!

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Ahh, BH marks make sense.

PS wow, what a difference buffs make in running missions! Do items in containers count towards a house's item limit?

It really is so nice to be back. One of their recent Nova changes nearly quadrupled the amount of things you can get from locked containers. I didn't see anything super good, though.

Also, does anyone know if the Steam mobile app can get on the group chat? I didn't see the option anywhere, I might be dense though.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Wait, BH stuff is actually in and working? gently caress, now I vaguely wanna get back in on that.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

Currently recovering from surgery, installing this today. God I missed this game.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Been away doing other poo poo, but I got my wookie out of the merchant tent but I dunno who's little bartender robot is left in there. As soon as that gets moved out I'll take the tent down.

New names on a few of the city buffbots and stuff, whoah. Checked all my house maintenances, dropped 100k in the PA hall, set up a new vendor (houses & swoops) in there too for shits and giggles. Threw in a bunch of votes for Grorius too.

Also visited NJC and couldn't find my house for a couple minutes because the shuttle got moved and I got all confused. Someone felt like redecorating I'm assuming.

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

Plastic Pal posted:

Been away doing other poo poo, but I got my wookie out of the merchant tent but I dunno who's little bartender robot is left in there. As soon as that gets moved out I'll take the tent down.

That would me one of my vendors. I'll see about placing down a house so I can move him over.

EDIT: Done! The tent is empty now.

Akoogly Eyes fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Apr 8, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I've found the perfect use for basic camps. Set up after running missions to instantly deploy your bike. :mmmhmm: Crafts in 8 seconds, so it's practically faster than waiting the 15 to take it back out (I'm paranoid and put my pretty colored bike away when doing missions). I usually make a few while I'm getting ent buffed or grabbing missions.

I gotta say, I'm really excited for Droid Engineer's return next publish.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Westy543 posted:

I've found the perfect use for basic camps. Set up after running missions to instantly deploy your bike. :mmmhmm: Crafts in 8 seconds, so it's practically faster than waiting the 15 to take it back out (I'm paranoid and put my pretty colored bike away when doing missions). I usually make a few while I'm getting ent buffed or grabbing missions.

I gotta say, I'm really excited for Droid Engineer's return next publish.

You're probably going through HP like crazy on your bikes this way, then. Each time you summon your bike, it takes some damage, so try to do it as little as possible.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Drone posted:

You're probably going through HP like crazy on your bikes this way, then. Each time you summon your bike, it takes some damage, so try to do it as little as possible.

Oh yeah, definitely. Though I'd prefer to pay 4000 every dozen or two missions over 6000 every other because I left my bike too close to the camp. :shrug: I've been getting better at leaving it out away from the mission sites.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I don't think I've ever had something from a camp break my bike. I leave it right next to the lair too.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Mobs like Janta Scouts or Frenzied Grauls have aoe attacks and will smoke your swoop if you aren't careful.

Alucardd
Aug 1, 2006
Installed a couple days ago, in-game as 'AlucardRD'.

Also hitting up the Steam group chat: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Alucardd/

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.
can I get an invite to the mantina: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984662929/

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
In theory, couldn't one play this with a halfway decent laptop from like 8 years ago? Would a halfway decent laptop by today's standards, as long as it has a dedicated GPU, play it pretty well?

Tide fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 10, 2014

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Tide posted:

In theory, couldn't one play this with a halfway decent laptop from like 8 years ago? Would a halfway decent laptop by today's standards, as long as it has a dedicated GPU, play it pretty well?

If you turn the settings down the game can make wookiees look like gumby and play on just about anything.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Tide posted:

Considering the game came out 11 years ago, yes.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've got a Dell Latitude E6410 sitting around doing nothing. i7620M processor (2.66Ghz), 4GB DDR3 RAM, and an Nvidia NVS 3100M GPU (512MB VRAM). May give it a shot.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
That is more than enough to run SWG.

Remember, this game is 11 years old. You can run this poo poo on anything.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Just spent a couple of hours dicking around on Corellia, my god the nostalgia! I'll probably spend some more time remembering how to play before joining up with Goons, but if I could get let in to the mantina that would be sweet.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/davoren/

Davoren fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 12, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I think this is the happiest moment in my Ranger's life :toot:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Could someone like seredith who has admin on my corelia shop throw in like 6 months maint please. I'll owe when I sort a new lap top out when I'm back in the UK next. Qwerty laptops are not existent in France.....

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Everyone read your emails.

Also Tai your corellia shop has like 400 days maintenance in it. Can't say the same for your vendors.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 14, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So I may as well have a go at making a squad leader bot, how should I allocate my HAM for that?

Top Quark
Aug 2, 2010

"Going where no man has gone before."
Hello I am downloading the emu files as we speak and will be joining you nerds.

I played SWG for like 2 or 3 years before the NGE hit and I quit. I was also involved in the very very early beginnings of this SWG Emu project in 2006/7 as a tester (but quit due to apathy + the INSANE amount of drama in the "community").

I see Ahdinko is your major, I know this nerd in real life and he introduced me to this game so I expect a lot of special treatment ok.

I'm planning on picking up where I left off: namely a bounty hunter main with an architect alt. gently caress the jedi grind this time around.

Edit: Alright I'm in with my wookie creatively named by the random name generator: "Moshobyi". I look forward to harassing admins until I get my steam + guild invite.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wirewraith/

Top Quark fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 15, 2014

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Davoren posted:

So I may as well have a go at making a squad leader bot, how should I allocate my HAM for that?
Normal combat stats until you grind up all the stuff to get novice Squad Leader. It takes some combat exp and mastering a profession of your choice helps the group. Stand around with a mastered weapon in your hand and the group gets one more combat master adding to the mission difficulty. Once you have novice SL and a mastered combat skill you'll migrate your stats to max out the substats, absolutely maxed out, as you'll be standing around unbuffed using SL skills forever so substats is all you need. Also, before you get started read the private game servers thread about SLs, entertainers, doctors and so on. Lots of tips in there to prevent you wasting days of effort and restarting a character if you don't follow them.

Top Quark posted:

Hello I am downloading the emu files as we speak and will be joining you nerds.

I played SWG for like 2 or 3 years before the NGE hit and I quit. I was also involved in the very very early beginnings of this SWG Emu project in 2006/7 as a tester (but quit due to apathy + the INSANE amount of drama in the "community").

I see Ahdinko is your major, I know this nerd in real life and he introduced me to this game so I expect a lot of special treatment ok.

I'm planning on picking up where I left off: namely a bounty hunter main with an architect alt. gently caress the jedi grind this time around.

Edit: Alright I'm in with my wookie creatively named by the random name generator: "Moshobyi". I look forward to harassing admins until I get my steam + guild invite.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wirewraith/
You jackoffs need to get in the steam chat. I probably could invite you from your steam profile on their website but screw that, it's easier to use steam chat and we talk in there anyway.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
Hullo I am jerk. I'm in the steam chat now as Sailor Dave, character's name is Victuals. Could I get an invite?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shuzup/

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

SumYungGui posted:

Everyone read your emails.

Also Tai your corellia shop has like 400 days maintenance in it. Can't say the same for your vendors.

Cheers! Yeah all that ore is lost. With any luck a good bunch of it sold before it expired

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

There's an option to autoloot corpses right? I swear I saw it somewhere, but now I can't find it. Does it exist or am I going crazy?

Edit: Thanks Westy!

Davoren fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Apr 15, 2014

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

You can create a macro, call it say "autoloot" that just does

/loot all;
/pause 1;
/macro autoloot;

That's a super simple one. It will autoloot everything you click on.

Edit: I'm bad at words.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 15, 2014

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I was mostly a crafter back in the day, and I was wondering what the 'reasons' are that carbines aren't played much. I'm still only in marksman tree, but I've found them pretty fun so far. Them or pistols are what I've enoyed most, rifles seem way too slow to really be effective, unless theres something I'm overlooking, perhaps they're better against players, but so far I get one shot before whatever I'm attacking is up in my face and giving me a range penalty.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
I'm playing as Aatrek Modsnew, can I get an invite please?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Davoren posted:

I was mostly a crafter back in the day, and I was wondering what the 'reasons' are that carbines aren't played much. I'm still only in marksman tree, but I've found them pretty fun so far. Them or pistols are what I've enoyed most, rifles seem way too slow to really be effective, unless theres something I'm overlooking, perhaps they're better against players, but so far I get one shot before whatever I'm attacking is up in my face and giving me a range penalty.

Back in the early days, it was really easy to keep a target dizzy with carbines then force it to fall, thus totally locking down mobs. This got nerfed and everyone moved on to greener pastures. I also don't remember them having a way to hit the mind pool, nor were they ever used in the def/dodge/whatever stacking.

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012

Davoren posted:

Rifles suck to level but at master they will easily do the most damage. Strafe shot 2 destroys everything and is an area attack as an added bonus. Pistols are super easy to level due to their speed and combine well with other professions like commando and bounty hunter. Take out everything good about rifles and pistols, combine what's left and congratulations...you're a carbineer!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Kaysette posted:

Back in the early days, it was really easy to keep a target dizzy with carbines then force it to fall, thus totally locking down mobs. This got nerfed and everyone moved on to greener pastures. I also don't remember them having a way to hit the mind pool, nor were they ever used in the def/dodge/whatever stacking.

Im trying to remeber the pairings, it was like pistols/fencer, rifles/spear(?), and carbines/2h? That doesnt seem right, since 2h was all about mind pool attacks.

Either way carbines had some CC that was underwhelming but I vaguely recall trying to make it work at some point in the year of our lord 2003.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Pistols is to fencer, rifles is to swordsman, and carbineer is to pikeman. Carbineers will probably have some use in group fights for their ability to apply a silly amount of states, but their damage output isn't all that great from what I've heard.

Some other things I picked up on the Carbineer subforum on the emu forums:
  • You could use overcharge shot 2 from Carbineer with a light lightning cannon from Bounty Hunter to blap the gently caress out of Jedi by knocking them down and hitting them with it.
  • Half their mechanics are bugged! This is probably an emu thing, their roadmap for the Carbineer doesn't say it's tested working right.
  • + above, some of their abilities have disproportionally large HAM costs to what they should

So, it's probably not worthless to have one eventually, it just doesn't sound like they're fit soloers. It's a shame, it looks like a cool profession. I almost want one for when Jedi come about. But I think Carbineer generally falls into the same boat as pikeman, not specialized enough compared to pistols / rifles to make it worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Cool, thanks guys! I just read about the armour piercing on the T21 too, I guess I will aim for rifleman and keep a good pistol around for panic mode. :)

• Locked thread