Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Davoren posted:

Cool, thanks guys! I just read about the armour piercing on the T21 too, I guess I will aim for rifleman and keep a good pistol around for panic mode. :)

If I remember right, there's some kind of chef food (or smuggler spice?) that you can pop that will dramatically reduce/eliminate your minimum range penalty as a rifleman, for those "oh gently caress" situations.

Could be wrong though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I love that I have basically no idea how to play the game, despite putting a bunch of time into it at launch. All I did was gently caress around with my friends while living off the money I made mass producing fiberplast panels. :)

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Decided to look into the process for getting multiple accounts on the same IP authorized so me and my wife can run around being terrible at video games.

quote:

This entails including a picture that assures the SWGEmu Staff team that there are as many members present as is being requested for multiple account household access. Included in this picture must be all players with an account, papers noting the account names, email addresses, and the CD set for each account. Every account will have to have their own legitimate CD’s to play just like any other SWGEmu member is required to play with, as copyright laws lend to personal use; each person must have their own set, there are no exceptions.

:stare: Nevermind then.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Unless they changed it, you only need photos of the actual humans if it's 3 or more accounts per IP. For 2 accounts, you should only need a photo of 2 disc sets with the usernames written in the photo. Seredith knows a lot more about it, ask him somewhere privately.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

That sounds crazy but considering they dont want SOE to drop the hammer on them I can sympathize.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Spoiler alert: I don't actually know who Pubato is.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
If he returns on Sunday I will legit start an in-game religion.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Okay, so I'm now a novice rifleman, and I have good armor that I got from the Mantina, but I feel like I'm not killing things as quickly as maybe I should be, what's the best place to buy weapons?

Davoren fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 20, 2014

aquaticrabbit
Aug 2, 2004
Posting for a re-invite. IGN: BarnabyJones

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/broken0013/

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
City has a safety margin so we're not going to drop city rank this week, but it's not as large as I'm comfortable with. So get alts to place houses in town you goony fucks. Also vote while you're there.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
At this rate, The Repopulation is going to release before this thing ever comes out. What's the deal? Suncrusher anywhere in sight?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

SumYungGui posted:

City has a safety margin so we're not going to drop city rank this week, but it's not as large as I'm comfortable with. So get alts to place houses in town you goony fucks. Also vote while you're there.

I guess I need to learn how cities work too! I placed my house outside of town so people didn't have to gently caress around with granting me permissions, I guess I'll get someone to hook me up and then move it inside.

Also how do I vote and who do I vote for?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Davoren posted:

I guess I need to learn how cities work too! I placed my house outside of town so people didn't have to gently caress around with granting me permissions, I guess I'll get someone to hook me up and then move it inside.

Also how do I vote and who do I vote for?

There's a few people that can give zoning rights, find one of them probably by pestering in steam chat, then just put a house wherever you like inside the city limits that is not in the city 'square' near the Mantina. The control panel will have a new option, 'declare residence'. Doing that makes you a member of GoonTown and gets our population closer to where I like it to be comfortable (I prefer 100-ish, we have 94). Once you're declared as a resident you go into the town hall and the voting terminal is right in the center. Then you democratically vote for who you're told to vote for, our Grorious Reader.

tacosupreme
Jun 24, 2006
ask me about men.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

At this rate, The Repopulation is going to release before this thing ever comes out. What's the deal? Suncrusher anywhere in sight?

I mean, is the Repopulation going to make a dent in the playerbase? It looks like it has less hype (and development bankroll) then The Secret World.

What's your read on that game? Don't think we have a thread up for it yet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

tacosupreme posted:

There is a thread but it is probably buried under pages of over stuff.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Is it worthwhile to set up a resources vendor for creature resources? I get the feeling I should set it up outside Coronet or something, which requires a new house (I have one in a research center).

I'm getting all these random creature resources I don't even know what to do with them. I got 300k of the scaley that was on dant recently that was selling for 5cpu on the trade forums, but I can't seem to sell it now and I've got better things to do than bump a thread 15 times.

Basically I can't figure out how to make money with Ranger. Halp. I saw the post a few pages back but still kind of at a loss.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
People will always need grind quality bone/meat/etc for the medic/doc grind, and architects will always want hides for furniture.
Architects also need very specific kinds of hides for the white master architect furniture which seems to drive their prices up a bit.

When those server best/2nd best meats/hides/bones come out, that will be your big money earner. Get in a group and iirc there is a food which increases your hunting skills so you get more per mob.

When I was selling armour, CM stuff, architect goods and mined resources, I just had four vendors setup in the guild mall, I never did a moments advertising and business started a little slow but once Goontown got popular and our mall had 20+ stocked vendors in it, we had enough reputation that I'd start seeing a lot more pubbies buying stuff as they were travelling through. I even started getting repeat customers specifically because they'd bought from me before. Plus one guy who wanted me to be the armorsmith for his entire PvP guild. That was a nice earner as they went through stun armour like water. Between this and the camp interior design business Drone and I did, I made more credits than I knew what to do with.

tldr: get a merchant alt, get all the skills on it that give you the cool vendor things like advertising on the planet map etc, and let the pubbies come to you.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 25, 2014

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Setting up a vendor in the Mantina is a good chunk of why the Sologroup is even a thing. Part of it is because goons are lazy and gently caress running to Coronet, but the other half is to draw pubbies past our vendors in numbers that would make pubbie merchants weep with joy. Only concern is to not be a shitlord and leave empty, useless vendors in the Mantina making GBS threads the place up. If you go on vacation or leave the game pick up your vendors before you do.

I even made that whole alcove themed around organic/ranger stuff, that I have yet to decorate very well, but that's the theme so have at it as long as you're going to keep it stocked.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I'll definitely take you up on that. I need to take stock of what I have over the weekend and finish out a couple boxes for merchant on my other character, but I'm interested in getting a creature resource vendor up in the Mantina.

KarmaEnforcer
Aug 7, 2000

Cylon Sympathizer
Okay. I'm getting in on this. My ingame is Kyac Cabu. I've been running around Naboo without stopping to think that there may be GS running around.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KarmaEnforcer posted:

Okay. I'm getting in on this. My ingame is Kyac Cabu. I've been running around Naboo without stopping to think that there may be GS running around.

I'm not seeing you in steam chat. You should probably get in steam chat.

KarmaEnforcer
Aug 7, 2000

Cylon Sympathizer

SumYungGui posted:

I'm not seeing you in steam chat. You should probably get in steam chat.

There now.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I really hope a Krayt ~somehow~ finds its way to the 91% tat fiberplast.

Also, http://galaxyharvester.net/resource.py/14/fecyaheho gonna get as much of this as I can before it despawns cause wowzers! Any goon Rangers want to join in? Server best carnivore meat, I'm surprised it isn't being farmed to gently caress right now. I'll be able to farm on Tuesday probably.

At some point I'll get a creature resources vendor set up in the mantina. :sigh:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It might be server best going by all stats, but it doesn't have the important ones so it's not going to be farmed. If you click on the fecyaheho itself it's classified as nabooian carnivore. Click on the highlighted nabooian carnivore to check the recipes. No recipes for that so go back to generic carnivore. Now here it is listed as server best but honestly, this list is basically useless bullshit. On the left side though there is a recipe that uses generic carnivore, Bivoli Tempari. Ah, now we're getting somewhere. That's a good seller and always in demand, so check out that schematic specifically. Well it's a food product so the number one stat people care about is nutrition for the skill bonus from that food. So uncheck filling, flavor and quantity to filter resources down to the stats that matter for people and then look at carnivore meat.

Fecyaheho does come in at a respectable 804, so it's not a bad resource. Thing is if you scroll down to best ever we see dantooine carnivore meat by the name of kenautr coming in at number one with 880. That's a noticeable jump, and dantooine carnivore comes from grauls. It was a year ago to be sure, but how much graul meat do you think was harvested when THAT came out? Anyone who does serious chef crafting probably still has millions of that in their bank so all the old-timers are out, and the crowd who pays no attention at all to anything besides the biggest, shiniest numbers to catch their magpie-like attention won't look at it twice.

That being said anybody who has started chef in the last year or so that missed out on kenautr and still wants to make OK bivoli will still be in the market for it, so it will sell to someone at some price. The above process is why it's not getting contracts or being farmed to hell and back.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Ah yeah I was looking through Bivoli stats right before bed and realized it's probably not quite as good as I had scoped out. BE will probably find it fairly useful, but it doesn't even start to top charts for generic meat. There are a surprising number of starting BEs so there's a market. I probably won't farm nearly as much of it then.

Looks like I'll need to find some good Dant animal bones for armorsmiths and/or chef/BE.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Hey Droney, everyone's FAVORITE teenage furry and codependent little dipshit I desperately wish would just off himself and be done with it just found me on Steam! And he says he REALLY needs to talk to me!

Yay!

:suicide:

How's the town doing tho? Haven't been able to log in for ages. House is probably falling down by now.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Iridium posted:

Hey Droney, everyone's FAVORITE teenage furry and codependent little dipshit I desperately wish would just off himself and be done with it just found me on Steam! And he says he REALLY needs to talk to me!

Yay!

:suicide:

How's the town doing tho? Haven't been able to log in for ages. House is probably falling down by now.

He apparently went through my ENTIRE FRIEND'S LIST on Steam and messaged everyone looking frantically for me. I honestly feel incredibly loving weird right now.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Drone posted:

He apparently went through my ENTIRE FRIEND'S LIST on Steam and messaged everyone looking frantically for me. I honestly feel incredibly loving weird right now.

Shortly after posting one of my other steam friends said the same. Reported him, blocked him, etc.

Goddamn, man.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I sent Valve a multi-paragraph missive about it. Hopefully they take care of it quickly, since pretty much everyone he's contacted so far in his quest to stalk me has also submitted harassment reports.

So yeah, be on the lookout.

Also I got a new PC and a long weekend coming up, time to reinstall SWGEmu.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
Wait what the hell? A swgemu pubbie is stalking you?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's that time again. Time to tell people they are terrible if they're capable of helping out with GoonTown infrastructure and not doing so. Lots more details available in the PGS thread or Steam chat, but the short story is it's not hard, it makes money and the town needs it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
The server doesn't seem as busy as it did three months ago, both in numbers actively playing (~1800 versus ~2100) and in activity on the Coronet bazaar. I'm hoping things will pick up again after the next publish. All I've really been doing is checking in periodically to keep maintenance paid and my vendors south of Coronet active.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

tacosupreme posted:

I mean, is the Repopulation going to make a dent in the playerbase? It looks like it has less hype (and development bankroll) then The Secret World.

I think it will make a pretty large dent in the SWG community overall if it is as good as it's looking. From everything I've seen since I've started following it, it has been looking like Galaxies 2.0 minus the Star Wars, which I am perfectly fine with.

Unfortunately due to these bullshit deals made with intellectual properties, launching a major license-based game seems like a death sentence, I know there hasn't been enough games like that but look at SWG and LOTRO, people don't know whether their game is going to be around 5 years from now, let alone ten years. People get involved that shouldn't be involved in the direction of the game, requires contract renewals every so often which is a huge gamble, meanwhile Everquest has been up since 1999 and Planetside has been up since 2003. There's no doubt in my mind that SOE would have rolled back updates and the game would still be running to this day if the Lucas estate was not involved.

I'm a big believer in it but I'm still skeptical about it really being the spiritual successor I hope it is but that may change next week once I'm in the closed alpha testing. I'll let you guys know if I pledge some more.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

There's no doubt in my mind that SOE would have rolled back updates and the game would still be running to this day if the Lucas estate was not involved.

Didn't LucasArts refuse to renew SWG's license because they didn't want it competing with SWTOR?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Azurrat posted:

Didn't LucasArts refuse to renew SWG's license because they didn't want it competing with SWTOR?

I believe that was speculated at the time and 100% correct.

On topic: Where can I get my SWG fix without it being wiped 6 months from now and not have to worry whether the 12 year old kid running it is going to stop paying for the server? Is there an alternative to Suncrusher yet? I'm really waiting on that but if there's something out there already, I'm in.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 13, 2014

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
I'm surprised there's not more posting about Publish 5 happening this weekend. Do you guys not follow the emu on Facebook??

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

I do, the comments are always full of bad posting about how the emu is literally the worst thing entitled babbys have touched, despite being a free project. They do post funny pictures. I just haven't been assed to hold an interest in SWG in the last week or two with finals running.

I believe that was speculated at the time and 100% correct.

On topic: Where can I get my SWG fix without it being wiped 6 months from now and not have to worry whether the 12 year old kid running it is going to stop paying for the server? Is there an alternative to Suncrusher yet? I'm really waiting on that but if there's something out there already, I'm in.

Just play Basilisk. It's not run by 12 year olds nor really up for a wipe soon. Any private server is gonna have poo poo for pop and be nearly unplayable.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

Unctuous Cretin posted:

I'm surprised there's not more posting about Publish 5 happening this weekend. Do you guys not follow the emu on Facebook??

What's the basic content of Pub 5? Are they putting droids in yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Is it finally time for me to come tame beasts?

• Locked thread