Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
They haven't put out any patch notes, and I haven't started on a new OP, but they did specifically mention that AI is still a clusterfuck-in-progress. Pets can attack other players in a duel, but nothing for attacking other AI mobs. So it sounds like we'll be able to tame and summon creatures and then look at them funny or possibly have pet mounts. No droid modules or attacking with pets though, so no point to making droids and no way to get CH experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I keep seeing lots of things in the weekly notes about fixing this and that for the village and jedi and stuff. Fingers crossed!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Complete patchnotes for Publish 5 now up: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131330

Babies can now be tamed, droid deeds can now be crafted (no modules though). Plus a bunch of other cool stuff.

quote:

Pets - The following is the current state of pets:
A non-Creature Handler can have two creature pets stored in their datapad and can have one non-aggressive pet active (max CL 10) at a time
A Creature Handler can store and control creature pets according to their current skill mods
A player can have up to five droids stored in their datapad and one active at a time
A player can have up to three faction pets stored and three active at a time
It should be impossible to trade a pet to someone who cannot control it (or if they are at their max number stored)
Pets can be called/stored in public buildings or outdoors
Droids require power to operate and can be recharged with droid batteries or power droids
Pets can be trained commands
The following commands are currently functional: follow, stay, store, follow other, group, recharge other (power droid only), trick1, trick2, transfer, attack (pets can only attack players for now)
Pets can be named
/tellpet is functional
Tamed babies will grow over time
Pet growth can be arrested if it will grow too large to be trained as a mount
Eligible pets can be trained as a mount
/gallop and /gallopstop are functional
Mounts will slow down when in combat (unless galloping)
Basic attacks can be done while mounted and not galloping (though a mount cannot attack while it has a rider)
Pets can be fed and will be buffed by pet restricted buff food
/emboldenpets and /enragepets are functional
Certain emotes when used with your pet as a target will elicit a reaction
Creature and droid pets will lose vitality upon death (Faction pets die permanently)
Pet owners have an "incapacitation recovery" radial menu option to revive incapacitated pets

Drone fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 18, 2014

bogey.flail
Mar 29, 2001
Why not, I haven't played this in a long time.

Oh hey my old characters are there, in game names are Bogeyio and Joori

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bogeytron

Is the list of inviters still current?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

bogey.flail posted:

Why not, I haven't played this in a long time.

Oh hey my old characters are there, in game names are Bogeyio and Joori

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bogeytron

Is the list of inviters still current?

sent a friend invite. I want to test something about joining the steam group/channel

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Oh man lookit that, lots of great things coming up. All that CH stuff is tempting.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3638543&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post430290722

New patch, new thread. Update your bookmarks and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Allright, closin' dis.

• Locked thread