Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm not whining but really I am whining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Tai posted:

I dunno how cities start up but couldn't you just be a dick and run around starting up a village in said spots that high profile cities vanished from?

Yes and someone could easily gently caress with us like that too, so if things are still screwed up when the server comes back, grab any deed you have and just place structures in the middle of town, anywhere you can fit them within our tiny radius. We can rearrange later. Small house deeds are preferable, but do what you can.

Just basically fill up the space, including the places where the shuttle and city hall were.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

quote:

We corrected an issue with this last downtime that we think may have been the cause. Really old city halls had a max condition of zero which we think caused them to be destroyed when the city went to pay maintenance. We've updated all existing ones to have a higher max condition. We're hoping that prevents the issue going forward. As TA said before, there won't be a rollback. Those that already lost cities will need to rebuild.

I can't login right now, but hopefully this doesn't effect GoonTown.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Drone posted:

I can't login right now, but hopefully this doesn't effect GoonTown.

It's pretty clear that it does. WELP.

I need goons to log in and drop houses and just deeds in general ASAP.

To clarify, I just mainly need goons with deeds of all kinds, be it harvesters, merchant tents, house deeds, whatever, to just log in and fill up as much space as you can, starting from the center of town outward.

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 5, 2013

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
We corrected an issue with this last downtime that we think may have been the cause. Really old city halls had a max condition of zero which we think caused them to be destroyed when the city went to pay maintenance. We've updated all existing ones to have a higher max condition. We're hoping that prevents the issue going forward. As TA said before, there won't be a rollback. Those that already lost cities will need to rebuild.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Rename the new PA hall: "TheAnswer for FEMA Director 2014"

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
At least with inactive and well behaved recently so its unlikely anyone will come gently caress with us.

Unless someone has been pissing off all the server's architects loaded down with deeds and tears.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Who would do such a thing...

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I need ten goons in-game ASAP. City hall is up.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

The final word from TheAnswer:

quote:

This had nothing to do with the database. Database updates that were applied with the merge didnt have any problems. The issue was with the code. The issue wasnt detected on nova because of frequent wipes, it only seems to have affected pre-pub 3 or pre-pub 2 city halls/structures. We noticed the issue today after several halls despawned and applied a fix. This is what basilisk exists for. There are no rollback plans at this moment.

So it does make sense, since GoonTown was founded during Pub 2.

I'm going to keep banging on the "wipe Basilisk" drum just because pubbies are terrified of losing all their hard-earned spacecredits and e-honoure.

Drone fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 5, 2013

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Drone posted:

The final word from TheAnswer:

So it does make sense, since GoonTown was founded during Pub 2.

I'm going to keep banging on the "wipe Basilisk" drum just because pubbies are terrified of losing all their hard-earned spacecredits and e-honoure.

On the one hand, it might be smart to do a wipe at some point so that people understand what's coming. On the other hand, they want to have the server open to as many people as possible so as many people as possible are testing new content as it's coming out and don't have to spend a week re-grinding all their professions. If they want to truly test the GCW, they need everybody to be in "endgame" armor and weapons.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Just occasionally delete the wallets of some rich players for the hilarity.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Allright, the city looks like a total disaster area, but we're in the clear for the time being. What a shitfest this has been, haha.

Thanks guys for scrambling. I was tense there for a few minutes.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Drone posted:

Rename the new PA hall: "TheAnswer for FEMA Director 2014"

Done.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108290&page=7

Dev flaming, pretty funny

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I haven't played in about 7 or 8 months. Have they fixed any of the lag/rubberbanding issues?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Holy poo poo I want to punch like half the people in that thread.

November 2013 is a good vintage for SWGEmu pubbie tears.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

If I quit, my whole guild will follow!!!!!!!!!

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
Welp, something went terribly wrong.

I log in in an effort to help with Goon Town and I am unceremoniously dropped after about thirty seconds. Ok, server issues. Check the page; yep, Basilisk down.

I log in after doing something productive for a couple of hours, no character. After trying a few different things, still no character. I've submitted a ticket on it, but a CSR stated they didn't see my character at all. I wonder if it's because I just started playing about two hours before the recent publish and managed to create my character on some sort of database event horizon? Either way, I'll remake my character later tonight since it seems I'm beyond recovery.

At least I wasn't very far along.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There were a few mini-rollbacks as the publish broke poo poo, probably got caught in one of those.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Okay, Tai, don't say one word about you-know-what. Check the PGS thread okay.

Macro
Dec 3, 2004
Tragically awesome
Looking for an invite as Danik Jercho

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I'm trying to get back into this game, how do you get rid of the black bar wounds? :stare:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Foehammer007 posted:

I'm trying to get back into this game, how do you get rid of the black bar wounds? :stare:

For the top two (red and green) bars, go to a med center and ask for a medic/doctor to wound heal (or pick up Medic yourself and use wound heal packs). For the blue bar, go to a cantina and listen to an entertainer for a minute or two.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
if you take medic yourself, you can cure your health and action wounds for free using some command (I think tendwound?) but it gives you mind wounds. So do it while watching an entertainer and you're golden.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Oh and I think (??) one of the Publish 4 features is that your wounds will slowly regenerate if you just sit in a med center and nobody's around to heal you. Not mind wounds though.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
That is correct.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So it seems Bleeds hurt now. Tuskans and NS'/SMC's have some pretty heavy bleeds now that stack. Might be worth grabbing 2xxx medic as a minimum now if you hunt up there or plan to.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Server goes down just as I rotate everything in my factories and make new schematics...

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

It's loading now and I'm half-expecting everything to be gone again when it comes back up.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
It's crashed 3 or 4 times on me since we turned it into Goonshantytown, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
Also in that thread on the SWGEMU forums.

quote:

People spammed buildings everywhere? I remember when Quahog did this to some city on Dant.

Welp. Those dicks in Quahog. Surely it didn't happen to Windsor.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I was just about to start playing this again and it's down. Impeccable timing on my part.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
It's back now

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012

THE PWNER posted:

if you take medic yourself, you can cure your health and action wounds for free using some command (I think tendwound?) but it gives you mind wounds. So do it while watching an entertainer and you're golden.

This bears repeating, especially for characters that are mainly in towns with afk or lazy doctors (Pubato) that don't carry wound packs.
Here's the macro I use and it works quite well:

/tar ENTERTAINERNAME;
/pause 1;
/watch;
/pause 1;
/listen;
/pause 1;
/tar self;
/pause 1;
/tendWound;
/pause 1;
/macro MACRONAME;

Just replace ENTERTAINERNAME with the mind buffer's name and MACRONAME with whatever you name your macro. Using this you can just start up the macro and come back in 5 minutes with wounds healed and mind buffs.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I got the wounds healed, thanks folks. :toot:

So what exactly happened to GT? It's all weird now.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
City Halls from long ago had faulty coding in regards to their maintenance. When the new publish activated maintenance, all the city halls from Pub 2 or 3 turned out to have 0 durability and immediately decayed, taking all the cities with it. Goontown was lucky enough to be one of these places.

Now we're in the process of trying to climb back up the city level ladder.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.
So, now that Goontown is back in its infancy, which towns are improved job markets on dant?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Red87 posted:

Also in that thread on the SWGEMU forums.

Welp. Those dicks in Quahog. Surely it didn't happen to Windsor.

Haha holy poo poo, i cant believe pubbies still remember that glorious act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Welp, I'm going to give this a go again because I miss swg.

• Locked thread