Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Well Cybertron ranked down in city size and lost their shuttle.

But my sheer luck, New Jack City ranked up and has a shuttle and its only an extra 750M south of Cybertron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Asked this in guild chat the other day but forgot the answer: is it the quality of the crafting station that matters now, or the quality of the crafting tool?

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I dunno how much space remaining there is right now for placing down houses, BUT I made a bunch of small house deeds in Naboo and Generic styles -- they're up for sale for 10k each. If the inflated cost is a hardship to any goon, I will pull one down on request for you. If you're spacepoor but bought one anyway, send me an in-game mail (to Ninelu) and I'll toss you a 100% refund. Any cash I get to keep from these is going directly into the city coffers because we have a huge maintenance bill to pay weekly now.

Get 'em in the Hobo Squatter Shack merchant tent between the med center and city hall.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Drone posted:

Asked this in guild chat the other day but forgot the answer: is it the quality of the crafting station that matters now, or the quality of the crafting tool?

The tool only matters. While you do need a station for somethings, quality is irrelevant so don't got paying 50K per station like I did :(

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Any houses you guys see around GT that are named "Free To Good Goon" is a house within city limits that can be claimed by any goon who needs a home. IM me or in-game-mail me and I'll do a /transferstructure.

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 8, 2013

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey Tai I don't know what the stats are on his harvesters but some guy has been yelling in Coronet for two days or so about 25k heavy harvesters.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

:frogsiren: YO ACTIVE PLAYERS -- GoonSquad got a reset today, so when you log in and have a momentary cow because your <GS> tag is no longer there, come to the new guild hall in GoonTown to get your re-invite. So far Ninelu and Pubato can invite, but I will grant invite rights to more people as they join back up. :frogsiren:

\/\/ The guild hall needed to be repositioned and that can't be done without the guild getting disbanded (yet another great bit of game design). Just come back and get back in, no muss, no fuss, same <GS> tag.

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 8, 2013

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Why would you break the guild?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I guess I'll log in to get reinvited, and possibly level my future Commando.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
New Jack City? Really? At least I could laugh at CYBERTRON. This one's just poo poo.

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Okay, got a char name now, DeRathi Mephiston the man of many confused professions is in game.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Paging Jirga -- I'd like to get your house moved. Now that the city's expanded up once, there's a better place for ya. :3:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

SumYungGui posted:

Hey Tai I don't know what the stats are on his harvesters but some guy has been yelling in Coronet for two days or so about 25k heavy harvesters.

Nightstar guy? Yeah I went and looked. They are pretty trash

Edit - You AS nerds, the servers main Armour maker, Flowers, closed down the other week (forgot to mention it) so quite a big void to fill if you guys are keen.

Tai fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 8, 2013

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Wat..

Us architicts are all rating your thred bad so toons stop buying you stuff LOL!!

Got this PM in game. Seems to be true, my thread went from rated excellent to rated bad. I love angry pubbies :D

Love his spelling and the use of TOONS

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

What'd you do to piss off the pubbie architects?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Plastic Pal posted:

:frogsiren: YO ACTIVE PLAYERS -- GoonSquad got a reset today, so when you log in and have a momentary cow because your <GS> tag is no longer there, come to the new guild hall in GoonTown to get your re-invite. So far Ninelu and Pubato can invite, but I will grant invite rights to more people as they join back up. :frogsiren:

Angle is waiting on you. I'll run my others by later.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Temporary GoonTown anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ituP5X7kP64

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I've got a few characters here, though I'm currently playing as Orik Hearthfire. Any goons out that can invite me?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Drone posted:

What'd you do to piss off the pubbie architects?

I charge something daft like 25% less then they charge and they are all butt hurt. Stupid thing is, I still make more profit then them.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Tai posted:

I charge something daft like 25% less then they charge and they are all butt hurt. Stupid thing is, I still make more profit then them.

Capitalism :getin:

I parked Looi at the invite terminal, so as soon as Plastic Pal/anyone else with invite powers is around, ping me in IRC and I'll log in. Grant me them invite powers, too.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Worth getting a new google doc page running for alts?

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
The old one is majority people who don't play, so thst is probably a good idea.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Couldn't hurt, I guess. Who's got the reins of the current roster doc? I don't think it's been used in a while.

I'm headed to bed, but before I do, I'll edit in more names of people who are now able to invite into the OP.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Tai you're probably about to get slammed with orders for gas harvesters. Tolium Reactive Gas one point away from server best almost a year ago for combat med supplies.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Can I get a guild invite on Inyk whenever someone is near the guild hall? Just running about doing missions out of goontown ATM.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I'm back hangin' around the guild hall terminal waitin' to invite dudes. Will be here for a few hours. I may have to occasionally be AFK, but not for long. Come get yer invites!

Corzen
Dec 2, 2006

This is bullshit! Try again.
I'm not sure if anyone will find this useful, but Mephiston gave me a sampling macro and I optimized it for my character that has 400 Action, Quickness, and Stamina. Obviously, you'll need to customize the syntax as appropriate.

/tell YOURCHARACTER Stage 1;
/sample;
/pause 235;
/tell YOURCHARACTER Rest Stage.;
/sit;
/pause 45;
/stand;
/tell YOURCHARACTER Re-starting cycle.;
/macro MACRONAME;

Basically, it should do what it says on the tin. Keep a low Action character sampling at a somewhat decent rate.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Hey guys, I'm gonna poke my head in again after Wushu's new Content gets boring, if you need a citizen or anything I can drop a house though I suppose.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
New Okif spawned.

http://galaxyharvester.net/resource.py/14/waigy

This is a BIG resource. The old server best is only 2 months old and already at 4-5 CPU. Easy money here so worth getting samplers and/or harvesters on it. Tat seems to have the best %'s

If anyone wants to trade Harvesters for this stuff then happy with that. Every 20k of this stuff. i'll make one heavy harvester of w/e you want (not heavy gas).

Tai fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 9, 2013

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is this higher quality than Okif? I don't know much about you crazy architects and your resources.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
yes its better then Okif

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Someone tell me more about clothing and armor attachments. I'm really getting to the point where skill boxes and being completed and I can afford some extras. I never did much enough with them to know.

Specifically, is there a way to shop for them without digging through piles of them to see what they do?

Are they a permanent thing or can I retrieve or replace them?

Where do I find out what the caps and maximums are?

turp-o-matic
Dec 29, 2012

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Specifically, is there a way to shop for them without digging through piles of them to see what they do?
You have to dig.

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Are they a permanent thing or can I retrieve or replace them?
Once they're in an item they do not come out. I believe clothing tapes still function when their item's condition is down to 0 but armor will not. Mabarai armorweave belts take armor attachments but the item itself behaves like clothing with the whole 0 condition thing. You should probably ready this link http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51107.

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Where do I find out what the caps and maximums are?
http://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46760

Isurion
Jul 28, 2007
I played a little bit at the beginning of the year, on my way to goontown now, anybody on that can give me a guild invite? My character is Obuz Ziyasi.

E: Thanks for the invite Kivvers!

Isurion fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 9, 2013

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Tapes still work in armour at condition 0. Problem is that when the combat table thing kicks in, that 0 condition will take hits from attacks and do nothing to protect you.

tl;dr don't use expensive tapes unless they are in a mabari armour belt which doesn't do anything in combat.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
So I'm sitting on 5-8 millions worth of server best or near server best armoursmith and combat medic components. I gave Drone admin on both my houses so he can distribute the love amongst all of our crafting goons. If you want some, speak to him.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Just spent a little over two hours working on the floorplan and decoration of the GoonHall 2.0. It still has a long way to go, but you can at least start to see things coming together.

I've started cordoning off vendor areas and set up a little donation vendor droid for people to offer cheap grind-quality materials/furniture to the cause, if they want to give to the GoonTown Beautification Fund.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What materials are used? I've got a lull in resources at the moment so I can probably hunt down some crap spawn nobody else is interested in and drop harvesters on it for tons of super cheap materials. Just need to know what kind and in a week or so I'll have a bunch.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
A lot of its generic stuff like ore and metal but some furniture require specific resources.

Armoire - Kelsh Copper
Chest - Duranium Steel
Cafe Table - Pholokite Extrusive Ore
End Table - Ionite Intrusive Ore
Book Case - Titanium Alum
Chair - Thallium Copper
Love Seat - Dathomirian Leathery Hide
Couch - Endorian Wooly Hide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006