Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Plastic Pal posted:

I'll adjust that in a bit. That little section about stats was taken almost word-for-word from Drone's last OP.

If my copious time playing swg years ago taught me anything it's that you shouldn't go anywhere or do anything combat related without buffs. You will get slaughtered in a world where buffs exist.

Basically what this means is if you plan on doing anything combat related with your character you should max out your mind pool and secondaries. The mind buffs are percentage based while health and action buffs are raw numbers. Mind buffs you're going to get from master dancers and musicians are going to be 100-125% depending on their attachments. 1100 is the maximum your mind pool can be as a human and I believe they're one of (but not THE) highest in the game.

Even with the maxed out mind stats and minimized health/action ones, fully buffed your mind stats will be probably 70% of your health and action. Also, mind is by far the hardest to recover, whereas health and action damage can simply be repairs by a stimpak.

This is all just for pve considerations. In pvp your mind bar is the most likely one to be targeted because everyone knows you're not able to recover any of that precious blue bar. It's not a guarantee certainly but if you run into someone who is just blasting you with massive damage, the extra 200 health or action won't be your salvation.

If you need money for buffs just ask around. Perhaps try to find a friendly doctor that will buff you for free because you just joined the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Inimicul posted:

For a laugh, I brought my master artisan / 3.0.0.0 brawler up to try the circuit and get some cash. Got a picket mission and proceeded to spend the next 45 minutes in a tickle fight with one of them. I don't know how people can stand to go up the TKA tree if unarmed is that tedious. At least other classes get a weapon of some kind.

The xp per kill is severely reduced if you take forever to kill things. Or at least that's how I remember it. Early stages of it are admittedly boring as sin, but you can do a WHOLE lot better than tickling pickets to death.

• Locked thread