Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder how the cuts look when you slice something with it. The Deity sword I mean.

That's a creepy loving sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
They slice up some things at the end of the video; it seems to cut well enough despite the absurd shape.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
They've released some footage from the new wii-u zelda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypR03D1nISA

Still looks a bit beta-y but they really seem to be pushing the open world.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
If they can pull it off an open world Zelda would be the best thing.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
So small update on WW and something related. The next three parts are ready to be commentated, and we're going to try to do those this weekend. If anything, the LP will resume next week. In the meantime, I've come into possession of good 3DS capture, and it looks excellent, so I will begin an Ocarina of Time 3D LP immediately. It's going to be its own thread though, because I think I've bugged Geop to change our thread titles enough for one year.

What I want to know from you all is if we should add that game to the prestigious PizzaJoe line? Should we find out what PizzaJoe was doing before Majora's Mask?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
As funny as the hero of pizza delivery has been, you could probably pick a new name to giggle over for the next LP. Make it so the majora's mask pizzajoe is just a cosplayer for the hero of time, and totally buys into that he is, thinking he is the very same person.

...Though that would necessitate the same name wouldn't it? Hmm...

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
calzonebob

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm boring and would rather it just be Link.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I would have said Dumple but you did that in Skyward Sword... so I guess my vote is either for Zelda even though that's pretty derivative or Pibot.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I would have said Dumple but you did that in Skyward Sword... so I guess my vote is either for Zelda even though that's pretty derivative or Pibot.

Pibot always gets the princesses.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
He is the hero of time. He who drew the master sword and butchered the great pig. And his name...
Is Shirley.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Obviously our hero is Ganondorf, out to clear his righteous name that is being besmirched by Ganondorf.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

HonestAl is the hero hyrule needs

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

frozentreasure posted:

Obviously our hero is Ganondorf, out to clear his righteous name that is being besmirched by Ganondorf.

Seconding this, since it makes a later scene even better.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Now I kinda wish we could name Zelda too, so we could have three Ganondorf's plotting against one another.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I kinda do love the PizzaJoe gimmick frankly, I mean it kinda all fits together for me really nicely so I'm game for that. Honestly I can't think of any really good names other than...naaaaaaaah I like the PizzaJoe thing.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.

ThornBrain posted:

So small update on WW and something related. The next three parts are ready to be commentated, and we're going to try to do those this weekend. If anything, the LP will resume next week. In the meantime, I've come into possession of good 3DS capture, and it looks excellent, so I will begin an Ocarina of Time 3D LP immediately. It's going to be its own thread though, because I think I've bugged Geop to change our thread titles enough for one year.

Is OoT 3D different enough from the original to warrant two OoT LPs going at the same time?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cartheon posted:

Is OoT 3D different enough from the original to warrant two OoT LPs going at the same time?

No, but this run's an informed run wheras the other's a blind run so the approaches might be. Honestly who cares though about multiple LPs.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cartheon posted:

Yes, because there are no rules against it, and you've probably already watched like 3 or 4 OoT LP's already anyways.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Like Dark Souls, I don't have anything against multiple Zelda LP's.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I like the name Dumple.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Really? An OoT 3D LP...hmm. I always have trouble finding LPs by specific people as I don't have the search upgrade. Guess I'll have to look very closely at the authors of the thread to find it when it comes out.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Someone shared this with me, and now I pass it to you Silegna.

http://cygnustm.net/sarss/lp.rss

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

SystemLogoff posted:

Someone shared this with me, and now I pass it to you Silegna.

http://cygnustm.net/sarss/lp.rss

Actually, helpful, even without owning a smartphone like device.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ThornBrain posted:

What I want to know from you all is if we should add that game to the prestigious PizzaJoe line? Should we find out what PizzaJoe was doing before Majora's Mask?

Obviously yes. :colbert:

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
All I know is that I miss Link Selfies.

megamariox
Jun 4, 2011
The hero of time needs a heroic name, a name that inspires bravery, compassion and hope, the name of a true hero... the name Groose.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

megamariox posted:

The hero of time needs a heroic name, a name that inspires bravery, compassion and hope, the name of a true hero... the name Groose.

We have a winner, folks.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

After careful deliberation, I believe the Hero of Time's name should be Sue .

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

megamariox posted:

This needs to happen. It's finally time for Groose to be in the spot light.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

megamariox posted:

It is Groose's time to shine.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

megamariox posted:

Ometeotl posted:

We have a winner, folks.

We agree. Recording starts today

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

megamariox posted:

I think it's time to free Groose from the cage of NPC-dom, to let him spread his wings as a hero and enjoy the world of a game the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

I'll be able to say that, finally, after all these years... the Groose is loose!

EDIT: I'm so sorry, but I had to.

SilentW fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Dec 12, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Silegna posted:

Really? An OoT 3D LP...hmm. I always have trouble finding LPs by specific people as I don't have the search upgrade. Guess I'll have to look very closely at the authors of the thread to find it when it comes out.

do bookmarks not work for you or something?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

do bookmarks not work for you or something?

No, I think he means that he has trouble initially finding an LP.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

No, I think he means that he has trouble initially finding an LP.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

megamariox posted:

:allears:

ThornBrain posted:

We agree. Recording starts today
:syoon:

Finally the legend of Groose can truly begin, thank the goddesses for people in this thread.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
As much as I would have loved to see the Legend of Ganondorf, the Legend of Groose works for me.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I can't be the only one assuming that Groose will be one of the two new characters in the next Hyrule Warriors DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nidoking posted:

I can't be the only one assuming that Groose will be one of the two new characters in the next Hyrule Warriors DLC.

Believe me, I would love it if this were the case, but the next DLC is Majora's Mask themed, and Groose wasn't in that game. :smith:

There hasn't been any Skyward Sword DLC announced, either. :smith:

• Locked thread