Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Merry PizzaJoemas. Go tend to your sick, ungrateful grandmother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Those impish critters that attacked you on the way the forest where you first met Tetra are called Miniblins and are the smallest of the Blin family of enemies which also includes the various versions of Bokoblins, Bulblins, and Moblins as well as King Bulblin from TP.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Abilities unique to WW Link:

- emoting

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 26, 2014

Cador_2004
Oct 13, 2012
...I never knew you could use the Boomerang. I always used the Cannon after picking up the bombs to kill them. Aiming it properly without that targeting line was really hard.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

So, was the water temple in this game revised into Ancient Cistern in SS?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
We don't actually know, but yes, it wouldn't surprise me.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
You can run into the Krakens (they're actually called Big Octo but that is a terrible name they're goddamn Krakens) at any point since they're all in preset locations on the worldmap.

I actually prefer to use bombs to kill them because with good aim it's much faster than the boomerang.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ohthat is just what I needed. Thanks!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Seriously! What's up with that guys hair? That's the worst hairstyle I have ever seen. And I played Final Fantasy 10.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Neruz posted:

You can run into the Krakens (they're actually called Big Octo but that is a terrible name they're goddamn Krakens) at any point since they're all in preset locations on the worldmap.

I actually prefer to use bombs to kill them because with good aim it's much faster than the boomerang.

Octo is kinda the name Zelda's pick for these things, just like bats are keese and hunchback orcs are called moblins.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Silegna posted:

So, was the water temple in this game revised into Ancient Cistern in SS?
considering how similar the whip is to the grappling hook, as well as using enemy weapons to kill the boss, I'd say there's a good chance of that.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
If anyone's in the mood for more Zelda, and/or might not have seen it, I also started the Ocarina of Time 3D thread yesterday. It's direct capture, so it doesn't look like poo poo! To me.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
YAY PIZZAJOE IS BACK!

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Cador_2004 posted:

...I never knew you could use the Boomerang. I always used the Cannon after picking up the bombs to kill them. Aiming it properly without that targeting line was really hard.

Conversely, I never thought of using the cannon; on WWHD, I aimed at the Big Octos the same way I aimed at the Forbidden Woods boss: pull out boomerang, wave GamePad around until I hear a cluster of pings from the game, fire. Being able to quickly move with the GamePad is really nice for fire-and-forget with most weapons.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Huh, the 2 or 3 times I played the original, it was Treasure. Didn't know it was randomized.

Ashram
Oct 20, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Abilities unique to WW Link:

- emoting

That's the face you would make when you attain UNLIMITED POWA!!!

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Sneeze that poison arrow to my heaaaaart

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
To this day my favorite thing about this game is the noises the Wizzrobes make. It's so loving ridiculous.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Que that one Awkward Zombie comic in 3.. 2..

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Ashsaber posted:

Que that one Awkward Zombie comic in 3.. 2..

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I do like that Ghodan proves he's just a test by deliberately giving you ammo.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
Ganondorf has met his match!

slycooper20
Feb 14, 2014

I AM REVOLVER OSHAWOTT
Apparently there's some kind of secret goat-bird in this game. Didn't know that.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Nintendo really does like bosses with disembodied floating hands. Check out number 2 on this list to see just how much (No Zelda spoilers if you're worried about that):
http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/opinion-the-six-most-disappointing-bosses-in-mario-history/

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Alpha3KV posted:

Nintendo really does like bosses with disembodied floating hands. Check out number 2 on this list to see just how much (No Zelda spoilers if you're worried about that):
http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/opinion-the-six-most-disappointing-bosses-in-mario-history/
This isn't about the point you were making, but that is kind of a terrible article.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Cheez posted:

This isn't about the point you were making, but that is kind of a terrible article.

Yeah, it is. I found it by GIS-ing "Nintendo hand bosses" which brought up other similar images. I went with linking that article because the image included the Wario Land 3 boss and was in the context of yet another example.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Alpha3KV posted:

One of the bosses in Nier was a floating robot head with 2 hands, pretty sure it was a reference to the many ones in Nintendo games.

Mecheon
Nov 27, 2007

And that was when Ecco realised the world just fucking hates dolphins.

Judge Tesla posted:

One of the bosses in Nier was a floating robot head with 2 hands, pretty sure it was a reference to the many ones in Nintendo games.

To be fair, considering what happens later in that dungeon it was probably a homage to this guy

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

The story comes full triangle. Still drunk.

cofaigh
Dec 30, 2006
Ha ha... dangly parts
I always had thoughts about a face appearing on the Kings ruff/collar/neck-thing, like T1000.

blank version; http://i.imgur.com/OUECgiI.jpg

Panzerschwein
May 8, 2009

sboobs
I'm a little disappointed that you didn't show off the stain glassed windows where Zelda is now. I just really like them for some reason, and it's a sweet callback to OoT.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

The Helmaroc King reminds me of two fights from handheld Zeldas. Evil Eagle, and the Helmasaur King. In fact, the mechanics for that fight, literally ripped from those games.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

cofaigh posted:

I always had thoughts about a face appearing on the Kings ruff/collar/neck-thing, like T1000.

blank version; http://i.imgur.com/OUECgiI.jpg

Well that is just disturbing.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
That king is so loving lazy.

"I learned to teleport SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO WALK ANYWHERE"

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

So can you damage the Bird boss with the Master Sword, or is it all SkullHammer all the time. Besides once you smash the hat?

Also I adore the Selfie gimmick in this run.

The King is bad at ruling. Which is the real reason why the gods sealed Hyrule away. Clearly.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 13, 2015

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Veloxyll posted:

So can you damage the Bird boss with the Master Sword, or is it all SkullHammer all the time. Besides once you smash the hat?

Also I adore the Selfie gimmick in this run.

I don't think you can hurt it with the sword until you break its skull hat with the hammer. That's why you couldn't fight it the first time.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
While it's true that this version of Ganondorf is kind of intimidating, I also think there are some parts of his design that show he's probably out of shape and not as spry as he used to be.

He's balding and fat, and barely does anything in the story, mostly sending minions after you, when even in OOT he actually went out and did things, even when it was just while Link was asleep. In this one he mostly sits in his tower and waits.

I feel like you're supposed to feel like he's diminished and not as 'strong' as he used to be, which kind of fits with the whole 'Hero of the Winds' kind of stuff, that maybe everything is a little diminished now.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Stallion Cabana posted:

While it's true that this version of Ganondorf is kind of intimidating, I also think there are some parts of his design that show he's probably out of shape and not as spry as he used to be.

He's balding and fat, and barely does anything in the story, mostly sending minions after you, when even in OOT he actually went out and did things, even when it was just while Link was asleep. In this one he mostly sits in his tower and waits.

I feel like you're supposed to feel like he's diminished and not as 'strong' as he used to be, which kind of fits with the whole 'Hero of the Winds' kind of stuff, that maybe everything is a little diminished now.

Perhaps, but he sure doesn't have any difficulty moving when you fight him. From memory he uses a dual sword combo and does a bunch of fancy sword dance style moves that hosed me right up the first couple of times until I got the patterns and tells down.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Neruz posted:

Perhaps, but he sure doesn't have any difficulty moving when you fight him. From memory he uses a dual sword combo and does a bunch of fancy sword dance style moves that hosed me right up the first couple of times until I got the patterns and tells down.

I was going to bring this up but forgot. It's definitely right he does his full sword crazyness going on, but even then he only has like, two phases to that fight, right? He never transforms, for instance. Versus Twilight Princess' fight, which is something like 4 phases and involves him transformed, he's not AS physically imposing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I can't remember their names, but the two smiths in Majora's Mask that upgrade your sword? The glyphs on phantom gannon's sword are Hylian text, and it's actually their names.

Why a phantom ghost has his ghost sword made by two long dead smiths, I don't know.

• Locked thread