Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
My handwriting is pretty inconsistent as well. I'm always afraid I'm going to get nailed for forging my own signature on checks.

I am also insane.

edit: Reid who the gently caress are you? Leonardo Da Vinci? Good god! That being said I actually like the aesthetics of your handwriting VVV

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meataidstheft has a new favorite as of 05:06 on Nov 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Nov 20, 2013

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Are penmanship classes still a thing? I don't handwrite anything all that often but I'd still like it to look a little nicer.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

My signature looks nothing like this, but you people don't need my full name :)

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

This is a pretty cool thread! I love seeing other people's handwriting.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I discovered the other day when I renewed my licence that my signature has changed quite a bit in the last 5 years. It used to have a b at the start of it but now it's just a bunch of vertical lines really. I'm gonna blame that mostly on teaching and having to sign my name on every single note that a student asks for really

HMC
May 18, 2009

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

That is easily the most beautifully written "gently caress" I have ever seen.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I'm gonna blame that mostly on teaching and having to sign my name on every single note that a student asks for really

I have four "n"s and two "m"s in my name, so gently caress writing it out all nice-like. My signature is basically the first letter of my name followed by a horizontal line.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Terrible handwriting for the win. It's neater on a white board really

"handwritting", twice even.

You must be a great teacher.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Showing off my handwriting in 3 different languages.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 23:22 on Apr 2, 2014

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

BrooklynBruiser has a new favorite as of 15:56 on Nov 25, 2013

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
If you guess what I was mapping out before Rarity manages to, you get a prize:

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

xeria posted:

If you guess what I was mapping out before Rarity manages to, you get a prize:

It's the Watcher's Keep maze, though I don't know why you would bother mapping it out when Yakman's journal tells you exactly how to get out.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

John McCain posted:

It's the Watcher's Keep maze, though I don't know why you would bother mapping it out when Yakman's journal tells you exactly how to get out.

Some mod that I installed at some point, I think, completely buggerfucked the portal maze to where the journal just said "Welp, ramblings of a madman, nothing to see here." and every walkthrough with the exact directions to get through it matched up with nothing my game did.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

huh, I wrote mine before I saw yours! I wrote this so it is possible, fellow Southpaw!

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Kind of done in a hurry, although I doubt it would make much of a difference.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

E4C85D38 posted:

That's a language?! :psyduck:

Here's mine. Sometime in high school I got official permission from the school that I could turn in assignments typed whether or not the teacher typically accepted typed assignments (some still didn't) because plenty of teachers just couldn't read my handwriting:

Bonus points: This was originally a sheet of paper diagramming a computer program for a card game. What card game is it?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
"21/bust" suggests blackjack.

edit:

Here's a pangram appended to the nearest scrap of paper. I basically write like a child.

Male Man has a new favorite as of 20:16 on Nov 25, 2013

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Male Man posted:

"21/bust" suggests blackjack.

Yeah, it's blackjack.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Invest in better pens.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape

YUP.

My surgeon says I was probably left handed at birth, but I had two fingers amputated

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

p.crestmont posted:

It looks like a 3rd grader writing, but then you get to the brontosaurus, which owns.

It's an apatosaurus, the brontosaurus was never a real dinosaur.

We are never going to undue the damage of '70s'90s era children's dinosaur books. :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's an apatosaurus, the brontosaurus was never a real dinosaur.

Wait, what the hell world, brontos were a lie? You have got to be making GBS threads me.

:psypop:

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

---

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009

E4C85D38 posted:

Are you originally a Russian writer? Because that gibberish looks exactly like cursive Russian.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

John McCain posted:

Are you originally a Russian writer? Because that gibberish looks exactly like cursive Russian.

Nope, born and raised in New Jersey, with all that entails. In English. The gibberish says

The notepad paper posted:

The quick red fox
jumps over the
lazy brown dog.

I have no idea
how I read my
own cursive.
I usually don't.

I just have terrible, terrible cursive when I'm writing fast. Slower, it's a lot more legible, but I already took one picture and :effort:

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Ahahahahahahahahaha!
I'm sorry it's just that I've never seen it written so neatly.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

zenintrude posted:

Invest in better pens.

I'm a lefty, and actually was officially diagnosed with dysgraphia. That let me use a laptop in middle and high school - I even used a laptop for my SAT essay portion.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rarity posted:

Wait, what the hell world, brontos were a lie? You have got to be making GBS threads me.

:psypop:

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatosaurus

quote:

Apatosaurus /əˌpætɵˈsɔrəs/, including the popular but scientifically redundant synonym Brontosaurus, is a genus of sauropod dinosaur that lived from about 154 to 150 million years ago, during the Jurassic Period (Kimmeridgian and early Tithonian ages)
In 1877, Othniel Charles Marsh published the name of the type species Apatosaurus ajax. He followed this in 1879 with a description of another, more complete specimen, which he thought represented a new genus and species, which he named Brontosaurus excelsus. In 1903, Elmer Riggs re-examined the fossils. While he agreed with Marsh that Brontosaurus excelsus was likely a distinct species, he also noted many similarities between B. excelsus and A. ajax, and decided that both should be placed in the same genus. Riggs re-classified the species as Apatosaurus excelsus in 1903.[14] Since Riggs published his opinions, almost all paleontologists have agreed that the two species should be classified together in a single genus. According to the rules of the ICZN (which governs the scientific names of animals), the name Apatosaurus, having been published first, had priority as the official name; Brontosaurus is considered a junior synonym and has therefore been discarded from formal use.

So the scientific community has known since 1903 that they are the same dinosaur and brontosaurus shouldn't be used, yet it caught on anyway and well, here we are.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

I was going to include my lower case letters but I never use them so I figured why bother. I'm also a lefty so I have to be careful not to smudge, especially since the nice pens at work are all gel pens.

You can see a little of my bosses awful handwriting on the right side. We need him to translate for us because he writes the first letter (kind of) and then scribbles a bunch.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

B9KU posted:

I'm super inconsistent too, but I suppose that's what makes things interesting.

quasi sain posted:

People tell me I write like an old woman...

I like your handwriting. :3:

Meeting notes written in great haste (with someone's contact info censored):

Self-explanatory:

Bonus -- writing in Russian:

Rabbit Hill has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Nov 26, 2013

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Rabbit Hill posted:

Bonus -- writing in Russian:

There isn't enough non-Latin script in here.

My handwriting is terrible. :(

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I really do hate tiny notepads, and being incapable of spelling my own name.

Wow that image is huge non-thumbed.

Edit: And I wrote it wrong!

Shrapnig has a new favorite as of 23:44 on Nov 26, 2013

Jamais Vu Again
Sep 16, 2012

zebras can have spots too
Here, learn some physiology. This is about the 14th page of notes I'd written that night, so it is quite sloppier than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamprotornis
Jun 28, 2004

My happy place~

My cursive is faster, and it's almost all I used up until I was about 19. I went to work for my dad, and he couldn't read my writing, so I started also writing in all caps like he did so he could read it.

Sometimes I switch between the two in notes for nothing more than visual variety:

• Locked thread