Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm glad this thread came up when it did because my company has to give me a promotion in just a couple weeks when this new project starts and I am going to do my absolute best to wring every single last red cent out of it.

My new boss absolutely loves me and I've been impressing the hell out of him for the past several months so I'm going down to the grindstone on this one.

One of my friends from work is gonna be over this weekend to play nerd games with me and he has the same job title (in another department) I'm going to have so I'm gonna have to drag how much he makes out of him because I am going to arm myself with as much information as humanly possible before I sit down with my boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'd just say yes and then if your current job matches the offer letter tell the other company that something else came up. You're not legally obligated to them until you sign the paperwork, right? I don't think accepting a job verbally is legally binding.

Am I wrong about that?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's been about 5 months since I (and four other guys on my team) was promised a raise to come along with a promotion I got in January, and about a... month since my boss says he finally submitted the paperwork to get it approved.

At what point do I stop asking my boss about this and go straight to HR? He keeps giving me non-answers and I feel like I've been getting jerked around for a couple months now.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Cool I just checked and HR couldn't even find a request in the system, while my boss maintains that he submitted it shortly after he talked to me about it like 3 weeks ago and he'd tell me when he hears something.

Ughhghgh.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking it's probably a combination of the two. I'm gonna talk to him more about it when I do my semi-annual review in the next week or two.

poo poo's just frustrating as hell, I could really use that money and I'm really worried when I finally get it they're not gonna give me backpay so they really don't give a poo poo about dragging their feet on this, and no one is really taking any responsibility to pull for us.

Hate working for a goddamn major corp sometimes.

• Locked thread