Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
We've been thinking about putting our guest bedroom up on AirBnB but the room is pretty spartan. It has a really nice queen sized bed and a tv/tv stand. Style wise, both are modern and minimalistic. We have wide slat blinds but no window treatments. No paint (well an off white), no artwork, no other furniture. Could I get some advice on what I should buy for the room itself before listing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Thanks! That's all super helpful. I'm a little hesitant to plunk down a lot of money renovating the room but in the end it'll hopefully be worth it.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
We got our first inquiry. :neckbeard:

She wants to stay for 3 days to see if she likes it, then potentially extend on a weekly basis til she finds an apartment. I'm nervous about the potentially super long stay, since we have a 2 week limit.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Hey Dead Pressed, can you put me in the OP for The Triangle, NC? I'm not comfortable giving the link to my listing, but they can PM me or email me at sa.rurutia@gmail.com for the link and a discount. :)

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
So... I just had my 2nd guest. And he seemed really happy while he was here, and I asked him multiple times if he needed anything and he said no. He just left and I found out that he bought a wooden crate as a nightstand and a really nice lamp (that fits into the look of the room). :stare:

Also hangars.

:stare:

I really need some advice as to how to broach the subject. Like, should I offer to pay for it? (even though it's not in our budget)

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

Dead Pressed posted:

I wouldn't worry about it. If he wanted you to provide it he would have asked, before and after, purchasing it. Also, I have so many hangers at this point it's not even funny.

Yeah, that's my thought too. I'm just not sure how to thank him appropriately.

Hughmoris posted:

This is relevant for anyone who hosts with AirBnB:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/23/travel/airbnb-squatters/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Basically, a California couple is having trouble evicting AirBnB guests who are claiming squatter rights or something.

Yep, I saw this yesterday. This is why I have a 2 week max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
I think someone's is phishing using the emails in this OP. I got a very convincing looking email about a reservation request that I verified wasn't from AirBnB by logging in separately to AirBnB and not seeing a request. It was addressed to my sa email from this thread which is not the same email I use for my AirBnB.

Just giving everyone a heads up.

• Locked thread