Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

I'm an AirBnB believer - started using it about a year and a half ago in Turkey and Hungary. In the US, I've used it in Portland, OR, Spokane, Pensacola and NYC. All universally excellent experiences as a guest.
I had a great customer service interaction as well, my host in Izmir worked for Turkish Airlines, and they suddenly decided to relocate him a week before I got there. Within a couple hours of his having to cancel my reservation (completely understandably, of course), AirBnB had refunded my money and given me something like $35 in credit for my trouble.
I've hosted a couple of people, which worked well as I was the only place for miles in my small town, other than a house on a vineyard for $240/night, but I'm in the process of moving so I've stopped hosting for now.

I explained to one woman that one of the paintings I had up was a self portrait by a fellow who would be 102 this year, if he were still around, who I considered a good friend. She proceeded to excitedly ask if he had fetal alcohol syndrome "because his eyes look weird"! I explained that, no, the painting was somewhat stylized and he didn't have fetal alcohol syndrome.
:ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

qutius posted:

A group of friends and I will be staying at an airbnb in Istanbul next month. I'll report back on how things went when I return.

Hoping this thread stays alive :)

Erdi has moved from when I was in Istanbul, but he's a great host: https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/521307

• Locked thread