Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I've couchsurfed a lot when traveling and hosted a good amount of people (I think about 30 total). You definitely have to look at your guests critically, the only bad (well, boring) experiences have been when I gave someone the benefit of the doubt and they didn't interact at all. On the other hand, I found my girlfriend through Couchsurfing, met a lot of great people and even have a few friends because of it.

I'm also on AirBnB but don't feel comfortable hosting anymore, because money is involved people tend to have much higher demands. Hell, got a negative reference because I didn't have time to show someone around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

There's not a lot of people hosting in the smaller cities in Korea, so give it a shot. Although Ulsan isn't a shining beacon of tourism :shobon:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Yeah, there's a big film festival going on here right now, so I've moved to the couch and just used my bedroom to host people. Threw up my price by about 25% and I'm fully booked for the next two weeks. It's great.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I just host whenever my girlfriend isn't around, so that wouldn't be much help :(

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

jvick posted:

Have a look for yourself: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2094435

The pictures are a bit dated, with the CRT TV that we've updated to an LCD. But overall the furniture and layout are the same. I just listed the place not too long ago so I haven't had any stays, so no reviews. I'm in a steep uphill battle. The other lake front units in the area are actual houses versus our condo.

Open up your windows when you're taking pictures. More light is good, and with the view you've got, it's only gonna make the pictures better .

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Christ, the market in London is really screwed up. I've seen hotels near Paddington that were cheaper than literal garden sheds in the outskirts of London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Tell him to go gently caress himself. AirBnB is pretty solid when it comes to bullshit claims like that.

• Locked thread