Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I've been on both sides of the AirBNB thing, and all of my experiences have been... shockingly positive, actually. Polite, respectful guests and helpful, responsive owners. (Having regular guests has also really helped my cat get over her fear of strangers!)

We could actually rent out our room a lot more than we do, but we don't want to have guests all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dead Pressed posted:

Glad it's working out for you. I'd love to put you in the list of goon hosts if you'd be interested. Maybe I want to visit you, IS THAT SO BAD? :-)

I'd like to, but it's posted under my wife's account, so I want to check with her first (as it has her real name and picture).

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

my darling feet posted:

Has anybody had any bad experiences with ABnB, the California Squatters case aside?

A long sequence of ABnB guests stayed in my office/spare room. Most of these were academics there to work at Princeton, so they were trivial to vet in academic circles, and nobody wants to party in Princeton.

I only had one negative experience in that time. An Indian couple came for a week and a half to visit their son, who was a student at Princeton.

When they asked if they could use my kitchen, I didn't think anything of it.

What I didn't realize was that it meant the mother would be cooking huge elaborate meals for the three of them from 6 AM to 9 PM, every single day. I had to get special permission to use my own microwave for two minutes. Kind of bullshit.

Oh, and some idiot cooked a fish filet in my microwave directly on the rotating plate, not in a dish or anything, then forgot about it and left it there. I discovered it days later.

That's about all, though...

• Locked thread