Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I've been doing the AirBnb hosting thing for a bit now, renting out my whole apartment whenever I work away for more than a couple of days and I've only had good experiences. However there's this french girl who's supposed to arrive today in about 12 hours and she's been giving me a really weird vibe. She's talked in all her messages of wanting to stay until tuesday which would be fine but she's only ordered a one night stay. WHenever I ask her about this (and only this in a message) she doesn't reply and then the next message she sends is about something completely different.

Her English is near perfect so I know its not a language barrier, too. In addition, she keeps asking me where I work and if the ambulance station I work at is far from the apartment. I dunno. How screwed am I for the future if I cancel this late?

Edit: of course, she has no host reviews either. just joined the site in April

Edit: she just called me, and I guess I'm gonna risk it. apparantly she'd just been busy. I've asked my neighbour who's up all night to keep half an eye on the place just in case

Nuclear War fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I decided to meet them as they came in, and it turns out the language barrier was just more extensive than I had thought, they must've had help writing the first few messages.

Anyway, we talked, and they'd decided to only stay one day which is fair since that is what they paid for after all. It was too much of an effort to explain the lockbox for the key with handgestures, so I'll make sure to stop by on my lunchbreak tomorrow to check them out. I think it'll work out ok.

I only do this when my work schedule makes it easier to just sleep on the station, to pay for costs like electricity and beer money but so far it's been great. People are weird about how they read the ads though. I haven't gotten any reviews yet, these are only my fifth or so guests and I didn't realize I had to review people to get reviews before it was too late, but I've still booked up all my open days through August. Maybe the market for whole apartments in Norway is just smaller and so people take what they can get.
Also one guy didn't catch on to the fact it says like three different times on my page that I have a dog, and my profile picture is with a dog, and got a bit mad when mentioned in passing during one of our exchanges that the dog would be well out of the way before he and his kids arrived. Apparantly I'm irresponsible for exposing potential allergic guests to danger.

edit: I realize I should vet my potential guests better as you say, I guess I was just naive/new at this and didn't think it through before I accepted. Lesson learned though

Nuclear War fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 10, 2015

• Locked thread