Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JibbaJabbaJimmy
May 21, 2001
I'm looking at working remotely and renting places to stay through AirBNB for a couple weeks to a month at a time so I can travel full time. Does anyone have any experience doing this? I'll probably start in Europe. The per month prices vary but I seem to find decent looking rentals for close to $1000/month if not less in most major European cities. My primary concern will be a fast internet connection as I cannot have any down-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JibbaJabbaJimmy
May 21, 2001
Thanks! I was surprised at how affordable it is. Where have you visited in the US and Canada?

I think I'll try to travel a bit first through US/Canada before heading to Europe. I'll be using a VPN and will need to make VOIP calls so reliability/speed is important. Traveling Latin America would be nice because I'll be keeping mostly US work hours but internet reliability worries me.

I was thinking of traveling with a long Ethernet cable and asking to make sure there's a place to plug in in the apt/home so I can avoid spotty wifi and also make sure the router is in the apt/home. I'll use a tethered LTE phone or something similar as backup - will have to figure out the best option in Europe.

• Locked thread