Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I own a condo in an apartment building and just bought a second unit in the same building to have as a rental property. I'm very close to Logan Airport in Boston and I'm seeing on AirBNB that people with comparable places nearby are making substantially more than I could with renting ($1400+ a month to the $800 I was planning to rent at), assuming the same rate of occupancy.

Of course, I'm assuming going on CL to rent the place would get me more solid occupancy, so I'm wondering if the perks of AirBNB (insurance, advertising, money up front, higher rates) would offset the possibly lower occupancy.

Everything else being the same, what do you guys think would get me more money in the long run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

smackfu posted:

You skip the AirBnB 6-12% "guest service fee", but it costs $349 flat a year.

I checked their whole site and only saw a flat 3% fee on AirBnB, are they nickel and diming some other stuff?

• Locked thread