Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

I've used AirBnB in Lyon, France and Chambery, France, as well as Zagreb, Croatia. Superb experiences all around. I booked all of my AirBnB stays in ridiculous short timespans - booked for the next day or for 2 days ahead - and I've always found a place, which is impossible on Couchsurfing. I'd rather pay a little bit for the certainty and to not have the obligation to hang out all day with my host, which some 'snobby' Couchsurfers want you to do.

As for ONLY using AirBnB on vacation, I'd say that's viable in North America or Europe but not in places like Southeast Asia, where cities sprawl unendingly and where hotels and guesthouses are cheap and plentiful. A few people have told me, for instance, that the AirBnB properties in Bangkok are mostly uninhabited condos in the middle of nowhere. Not really worth paying $30 for a room like that when you can have a decent centrally located room for under $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread