Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I recently booked my first stay (going to Amsterdam for a week!) And my profile was connected to my FB (not sure if thats a requirement), I made sure to fully verify my identity, I fleshed out my bio with my age, occupation, and "travel style". Any time I would email a host I'd include my age, name, occupation as well as the ages and general occupations of my travel buddies. I'd compliment whatever I liked about their home, express my excitement over seeing or doing X thing in their area to further personalize it, and invite them to ask questions. I'd close with a friendly salutation.

I ended up with a very sweet girl in a great area paying more than I'd prefer, but still a great rate. I don't think I'll ever stay in a hotel again and I'm already looking at some stateside trips for later in the year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Absolutely!

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/917887

There are 4 of us and a major sticking point was a place with TWO bathrooms (with 2 men and 2 women, 2 bathrooms was really a major necessity for us), otherwise we probably could have found a cheaper places. Also, apparenltly 2.5 months is nearly too late to book a place! I looked at literally dozens and dozens of apartments, and this was nearly the last available. LESSON LEARNED.

I will be back from my trip the second weekend in May, so I'll be sure to update with a review of the place.

• Locked thread