Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A fantastic service on both sides. If you're in a downtown area and your city has a once-a-year event that sells out every hotel, it's a real way to make excellent cash. People in Austin rent out their apartments for SXSW at over $500 a night.

And for us cheapos, always remember https://www.couchsurfing.org and if you're a badass bicyclist, https://www.warmshowers.org

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pff, just read and review people.

I've had my best experience ever with a family in Matehuala, Mexico this week. I'm traveling with a couple Polish cyclists that are pretty experienced, and in their 200+ Couchsurfing stays they say this one was the best. We wanted to stay two nights and ended up staying nine. Franco Hernandez owns a pasteleria and I taught him how to make apple pie while his granny sucked down Coronas and I've never eaten better. Everyone go to the towns in the Altiplano, the people are the best. Just went down into the Huasteca today after a thousand miles in the high desert, and while the coffee is nice I feel sad.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

In my two most recent couchsurfing experiences, I was brought into the family and did lots of things with them. I taught one family how to make an apple pie, since their son runs a cake store. In both cities I wanted to stay 2-3 days and ended up spending over a week at both places. The phrase "you can't leave now, we're just about to eat" always gets me.

VVV Haha, when I check into a hotel, I don't go down and chat up the desk clerk. There should be no expectation of a city tour on AirBnB.

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 26, 2013

• Locked thread