Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
My spouse and I just bought a 3 br 2 ba home in San Antonio. We of course use the master bedroom and one of the spares for our office, but that leaves the third bedroom unoccupied and the other bathroom basically unused. I have been wondering recently about renting the third room out maybe for weekend use. We are quiet people who mostly keep to ourselves. I'm not particularly interested in playing concierge to someone in the house. I understand that we would provide certain amenities (a guest basket with toiletries, we are thinking we could put our mini fridge in the room with sodas and snacks, in the mornings we could offer to make the guest coffee or we even have a cappuccino machine, etc) but I would hope the guest would not be relying on us to show them the town or have dinner/socialize excessively with them. Not saying it wouldn't ever happen, but I wouldn't want to feel obligated.

Would Air BnB be a good route to go if we want to host only over weekends and don't have much intention of hanging out/socializing with our guest? We are not rude by any means and would be happy to answer questions about the area and maintain social niceties but we don't want to be obligated to be someone's BFF during the duration of their stay.

Also, how important is it to grant a guest full kitchen access? I can't begin to even know how that works. You just let them raid your fridge/cook stuff? I'm not that keen on that. I would prefer the guest have full access to the bedroom, guest bath and living area only. We could provide an ensuite coffee maker or something, along with the sodas and snacks.

One final question and it's perhaps an odd one. My spouse and I are a same-sex couple; not everyone is OK with that. Does anyone know how other gay/lesbian BnB hosters handle that? Like would they put a heads up in their profile or handle it via private messages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreadspork
Jun 25, 2005

Perseverance does not equal worthiness. Next time you want to get my attention, wear something fun. Low-riding jeans are hot.
That's good information, thanks for your reply! :)

• Locked thread