Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I've got a small studio in a high-rise here in the Philippines that I was advised to rent out on Airbnb (I wouldn't be interacting with the guests). I'm quite new to hosting, so I was hoping to ask for some help with screening potential tenants. I got my first inquiry today, from someone who is hoping to stay there for a week.

What sort of questions should I ask any prospective tenant? Since Airbnb has tenants pre-pay, is income still an important factor?

For tenants with no Airbnb reviews/references/etc, how do I further vet them? This guy has no profile picture, and his message to me said nothing but "I chek in date of June 19 at 7 am and check out June 25 at 7 am should not you?". That's literally the entire message. Should I just give him a flat out no, or is this a reasonable message to get from someone who might not be fluent in English?

Argue fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Yeah, I didn't want to approve that guy since all I knew about him was that one sentence he sent me.

I figured I should look for references, but that wouldn't be fair since everyone starts with no references, so I thought people here might have a better idea of what sort of earmarks to look for to spot people who were likely to be good tenants. So far, all I have is "profile pic, mature Facebook account, communicates well."

The other thing is that the area I'm in is a good upscale area, but as a result of the high number of expats hanging out there, there's also a high number of hookers, and I'd like to know that I'm not renting out to someone who's just going to be using the place as a base of operations to gently caress women from.

• Locked thread