Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Thank you for taking over and finishing the original LP.
And thank you for slogging through all this terrible mod madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Good on you for finally finishing the slog through this mess of a mod.

:wtc: were they thinking with this poo poo?

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Holy poo poo. That mod sure is something else. Thank you to both Gatz and TheMcD for this LP, it's been wild.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Thanks for all the time and effort you put in this LP. All of this was great to sit through and I have a new found appreciation for this game and its community.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jesus tittyfucking christ, whos bright idea was this mod, and can w etry them at the hague?

Great job both of you. looking forward to your next LP

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I have been convinced for some time that the mod is an elaborate trolling exercise to see just how far the boundaries can be pushed while retaining idiotic praise.

Good work surviving it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Really it seems like this mod was a bunch of ideas, but the numbers weren't balanced for combat, and the things like companion mechanics weren't cross-checked against scripting.

I agree with you that it has no business being released, but, well, if they can actually implement those ideas well it could be pretty neat in the end.

Thank you for getting through to the end of it, though.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Thanks for being a goddamn martyr, McD. I'll be looking forward to your next LP - hopefully it'll be more enjoyable for you than this unbelievable piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
After going through the LP again I decided to play through the game again with the different races.

Playing as Nosferatu and Malkavian had me appreciating this game even more. I don't ever recall playing a main character in an RPG/JRPG that is either deformed or clinically insane outside of weird JRPGs where your main character is insane and you're followed by cannibals, pedophiles and war criminals and in some other games but sexually questionable or stereotypical homosexual/transsexual character with no major personality traits. These all end up looking like silly caricatures if you appreciate good games and good writing.

VTM:B ends up being the only RPG I've played so far where your choice of playable character is so varied and multidimensional where you can actually act out your own personality into your guy/gal with good results. The game is flawed from the sewers onward, but generally the whole package, you choices, the people you meet and the places you go are all great (except the sewers, but even that wasn't that bad and didn't ruin the entire experience).

While things like the WESP plus patch can add or take away things unnecessarily, it's not a deterrent to the whole package in the long run.

TheMcD posted:

...and drops this thing. Essentially, from what I can tell, it's a sword that can do some sort of force push thing with the alt-attack, which causes damage to you. Hardly all that extraordinary, but I guess it's kind of neat. We take the portal...

Accordion Man posted:

Well now that you have the Soul Reaver you can just paradox all your enemies out of existence.

I can't believe I overlooked this, but holy gently caress, mod. Are you seriously trying to pull a Shakespearean play like Legacy of Kain down to your level? gently caress off, mod.

• Locked thread