Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Yeesssss. Sebastian LaCroix is one of my favourite voice performances, and one of my favourite characters, in all of videogames. He's such a total shithead. This will be awesome.

Voting for Male Tremere. That good blood magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Added Space posted:

You can burn blood to stay awake during the day as long as your humanity is above average. You can still run a company 10-20 years with minimal suspicion about appearance; you're a rich bastard who can get as much surgery as you want.

Also it's only a sunrise-sunset day, which means depending on how far from the equator you are, a vampire in winter could be seen during the business day quite a bit.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I love that Strauss calls LaCroix a neonate. It's inaccurate but it is perfectly condescending. It's true though that LaCroix is far too young to be Prince of anywhere by Camarilla standards, which makes me think he was probably shipped to LA the same way he shipped the player to Santa Monica. Sure, you can be Prince, kid, good luck with Los Angeles.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

Hey, do most people get asked before their Embrace or is it "Oh by the way vampires are real and you're a vampire."
Is it common for ghouls to get 'upgraded'?

It absolutely depends on the siring vampire. The Nosferatu, for example, rarely ghoul anyone they don't intend to embrace later, which is good news for Knox. Honestly the Nosferatu are the least dickheaded clan out there, short of the Salubri.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

PFlats posted:

Gotcha. That's what I expected, but Knox didn't seem particularly deformed.

He's got yellow eyes.

Edit: Also I want to say it's ghoul women who can't bear a child to term without coming off the vampire blood. Ghoul men can father children. I think.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I have a pet theory that LaCroix diablerized Grout and that's why he goes so obviously crazy over the following period of the game. The events don't really support it but I still kind of like it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Poil posted:

No poo poo? :stare:

Bear in mind the game is set in Los Angeles.

• Locked thread