Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Let's go with a male Gangrel. Call him whatever you feel like but make sure to hulk out as often as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Cythereal posted:

My take on it in my Hunter games is that all of this is true and Valkyrie's leadership knows it, but by the same token the werewolves are an equally significant problem. Valkyrie's game plan is to slap down the werewolves until they get the message that they aren't alpha anymore and are willing to talk. Valkyrie would rather enlist the werewolves than fight them, but, well, werewolves are assholes and in the meantime the boys in R&D are working on the spirit problem. Not a perfect plan, no, but Valkyrie doesn't get the jobs that you can make perfect plans for.
You know, now I kind of hope for an expansion for Xcom: Enemy Unknown where you get to play with an alternate world where the enemy isn't an extraterrestrial force but instead various things that go bump in the dark.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I love the fact that the Malkavian male seems to have thought he was in Saints Row. Brujah and Gangrel are just really boring.
I seem to recall that one of the never implemented backgrounds that you could choose for the Malkavian PC was clown for the male and stripper for the female. I guess the artists used these backgrounds when they designed the outfits.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, after having read the Ars Magica wiki I'd easily pay through the nose for a decent CRPG representation of it.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Only in one of the scenarios. There were 4-5 different scenarios in the book detailing different ways that Gehenna went down.

In one of the scenarios, the PCs take shelter inside of a church with a few notable vampires. Outside a red rain that's invisible to everyone except vampires is falling from a red star. Vampires caught out in the rain find that their blood slowly loses its potency and ability to fuel their disciplines until they eventually starve, wither, and die. The rain falls everywhere constantly and penetrates all structures and shelters, even reaching far underground. The only place that's safe in the whole world is the church that the PCs are hiding out in, and they have to wait it out for 40 days and 40 nights while God cleanses the world. At the end, if they're not judged unworthy by God, the PCs are stripped of their vampiric curse and turned into mortals, left to live out the rest of their lives.
Also known as the most boring rear end scenario to end the Vampire line on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I understand the dramatic and introspective values that the Church ending provides, it's just that the WoD line has been plodding along it's metastory into the Apocalypse with a capital "A" and having it all focus around a few vampires stuffed into a church always felt like the sound of a wet fart instead of the figurative crescendo that you'd expect from the end of the world and all that.

It's pretty funny to see a bunch of powergamers getting that particular ending from their storyteller though :v:

• Locked thread