Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

double nine posted:

So let's do a count: how many people used the severed arm weapon when you had far more useful melee weapons to deal with an enemy? There's something about that flopping arm that's really funny to me. (I might be a fishmalk by nature though)

Whole rest of the game.

It was just a pity that no one had any reactions to it.

That didn't stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

ulmont posted:

No way. An orgy of blood and violence stemming from a single, implacable, unstoppable, juggernaut of claw-wielding death, in my case. Shoot it all you want; it never stops or even slows down.

Yeah, I turned on invulnerability cheat, too.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Talk it out :colbert:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
When I played, my thought was "well, I can see why people complain, but I think they're kind of overreacting, it's not that bad, and it sure feels like I'm just about done".

I was about halfway done.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I was lucky enough to go into Bloodlines essentially completely unspoiled. I don't normally care about spoilers, but this is a game that greatly benefits from it. Heather being the first really good example of that. They just killed my ghoul! Without a chance to save her! You monsters! ...Wait, I guess this is on me, isn't it? I'm not really living up to this humanity 10.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
When I played it, I went F-1 and that's the hardest I've laughed at an ending sequence in a game, so do that. It's pretty much an in-character thing, too. By this point in the game, any reasonable character is going to be fed up with pretty much any group, and having gone through the Sabbat like they were nothing (unless you do the :wesp: thing, but I played before that was ever included), you're probably thinking you're badass enough to do just the same to LaCroix and the Kuei-Jin. Live it out.

e: Also, you missed giving us your personal pro/cons on the Kuei-Jin.

ZeeToo fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 31, 2014

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Well... this sounds...

interesting?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
If experience points are at that much of a premium, don't feel shy about console commanding in some extra experience.

Seeing the content would be more interesting than seeing you struggle pointlessly. I don't know about this case, but too many mods assume you have pixel-perfect command of every weird quirk of the system and flawless strategy.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
That platforming. :allears:

I remember having occasional trouble getting my vampire getting where I needed to go in the game already. Balance-beam-jumping to get to a stupid miniboss is something special and makes me ever so glad I'm not playing.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
This mod is... wow. :suicide:

I don't think anyone would blame you for just adding in the XP to max your combat stats out and maybe toggling godmode any time you feel like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

superstepa posted:

It was well written but I enjoyed the commentary on how terrible the mod was.

I have to agree in part with this. I like the narration, but don't be afraid to "break character" and give us the actual, explicit annoyances, just to be clear.

• Locked thread