Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I last played this as a Female Ventrue, and I hate things that are different. :colbert:

Don't really care about the name, but something appropriately pretentious would be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

double nine posted:

:science: This is one of the very few gay men in the game. A female player with points in seduction will see a seduction line to go meet in the alley, but the guy will brush her off. A male with seduction will be successful in luring him into the alleyway.

That brings me to a pet peeve about this game: the seduction skill. Y'see, if the player character is female, Seduction is a very useful dialogue skill. Many male npcs will have seduction dialogue options, and many female npcs also have seduction dialogue options (you might say that many women in this game are bisexual). However, if the player character is male, then seduction is nigh-useless, because it can only be used succesfully on female npcs and 1 guy; this one.

Not quite - there's at least one other one later on (he responds favorably for men, not so much for the ladies) but, spoilers. Seduction for men is pretty worthless, all things considered.

Also, we are sending this poor sap after the loving president.

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 23, 2013

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

It IS the World of Darkness - everything sucks, so why shouldn't most computers be hilariously out of date?

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

Talk him out of this craziness.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

Man, gently caress the sewer level. gently caress it with a pole.

Gary makes up for it, though. Mostly.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

F1, no contest. Statistically the best ending.

Edit: As for the ~mysteries~...

I think Deb is Kine. I don't really lean either way on this, but I'd like to think that some of the more interesting personalities in this game aren't vampires or connected to the world of darkness beyond inhabiting it.

Grout being alive is fun theory, if only due to the whole skeleton thing and Ming's reaction to the whole thing as she was leaving. I'm not sure if he's the friend in the emails, though... and speaking of which...

I've never really had a theory for who our friend is; my gut has always been Jack, but I'd agree that it just doesn't seem like his gig. Way too subtle for him... but who knows, maybe he has his moments of subtlety.

I barely give the Voerman sisters much thought past Santa Monica, unfortunately. Malkavians tend to embrace those who come predisposed to insanity, so her having a split-personality prior to the Embrace would make sense. Then again, they're about as likely to embrace someone who doesn't have an insane bone in their body, just to see how the mirror shatters as it were. Considering their childhood, though, this seems unlikely; gonna go with her being the one person.

As for the sire, this has never struck me as terribly important; and the romantic in me likes to think that, with a bit of outside help, the protagonist makes their own fate. A lot of WoD, and VTM to be more specific, has to do with inescapable schemes and not being in control of your own destiny. The player character having that sort of control after all that's happened, especially at the end after being told what to do constantly, appeals to me. Half of the reason why I'm voting for going independent, really, beyond that being the best overall ending narratively speaking. (disagree and you're wrong)

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

Honestly, I was tempted to rate the thread a one the moment you slaughtered Chunk.

In seriousness, though, it's hard to make the last leg of this game all that compelling. While I consider this ending to probably be one of my favorites in any video game, all of the actual gameplay is really agonizing. You're either yawning at how ineffectual everyone is or cowering under the combined weight of five vampires with assault rifles murderizing your social-butterfly form.

But yeah, I love this ending. It's just perfect. LaCroix's voice work is great, and Jack just oozes smugness. It really nails the whole punk aspect of the gothic-punk theme of VTM; you don't get into a showdown with the Prince, you fill a coffin full of loving bombs and watch as he tries his damnedest to kill himself with it.

To anyone curious, here's the credits, complete with gothic butt-rock (which is also very much in the style of VTM's punk atmosphere, I think, but it's still gothic butt-rock). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhhwtJZjOKI

• Locked thread