Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Hanson: It's Time

Grimey Drawer
I vote for a female Ventrue that dominates everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer

gatz posted:

Ehhh, it's as good as a ranged weapon is going to get, but it's still not as good as melee and disciplines.
Ranged weapons are only good once the stats are maxed out for them. Otherwise you're at a disadvantage if you're using them at the start/mid game.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer

gatz posted:

The playthrough I did before starting the LP was of a Torreador specializing in ranged weapons and Auspex. I was still doing just as much damage with melee weapons, save for the sniper rifle and flamethrower.. It also doesn't help that the shooting mechanics are about as awkward as they could have made them.
Yes the damages are about the same but you don't need to stand still for 2-3 seconds to have the optimal reticle for melee weapons. That's why melee weapons and unarmed combat are better to use at the start. Mid game well those bastard creatures are best taken out by melee or unarmed combat especially in the sewer level when it's best to conserve your ammo.

But I think we can all agree that the best way to kill enemies is the stealth kill.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Alternatively, he hosed up. And from what I understand of the setting, prompt execution is exactly what loving up leads to.

Interested to see how this game goes. I've heard a lot of nasty stuff about how buggy it is.
You won't be seeing the buggy version of this game as this LP is using the latest fan patch of the game which fixes most of the bugs.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer
President Obama is a vampire! Called it!

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kacie posted:

The Santa Monica apartment has a poster for Lacuna Coil, who does at least one song on the soundtrack (sadly, we won't hear it until the end of the game). I believe the other bands that have songs in the soundtrack are also featured on posters throughout the game.
I'm going to have to correct you. Stick around in Asp Hole and you'll hear the song after the first one.

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So... Is it too early to start the "Should we have sex with Jeanette?" vote?

Also I would recommend adding 1 or 2 audio lines just so people who haven't played the game get a sense of how eccentric Gimbles voice is.

RC Bandit fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 20, 2013

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gatz, you're feeling down making this LP. Go to the strippers and go treat yourself to a happy ending.

RC Bandit fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jun 2, 2014

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Bandit
Sep 7, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I tallied all bold and non-bold text votes and I got 21 in favor of a fight, and 21 in favor of peace.

I think you're going to have to show us both.

RC Bandit fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 5, 2014

• Locked thread