Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinner Sandwich
Oct 13, 2012

Rockopolis posted:

Two things I noticed this time that I hadn't noticed on my playthroughs.

Your sire looks like the Prince; is this significant?

They bust down the door as soon as you're Embraced; this has to be significant.
They knew this was going to happen, which also indicates your Embrace was preplanned, or predictable; either way, it was probably allowed to happen. Planned for, even.
Which makes' the Prince's bit of back and forth theatre with Rodriguez seem...deliberate.

As someone else noted, the sire's model is just the male Ventrue model, and I don't think they busted in as soon as you were embraced. I'm not too up to date on my oWoD lore, but it looks like there was a decent amount of time between the embrace and the PC waking up and getting staked. The Sire was sitting on the other side of the room and there was a fade to black after the 'I want to show you something' line and the PC screaming, which is presumably the Embrace.

But you're right in that the Prince was most likely looking for a reason to hold and execution and make himself look like the impartial arbiter of law and justice in the community. But if you take one of the later character's lines as truth, and I really don't see why you wouldn't trust him, the Prince had to improvise after Nines called him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread