Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

gatz posted:

That reminds me: I will try to do something similar to what Lt. Danger did in his LP of Neverwinter Nights 2 and its fantastic expansion when he wanted to show off the voice acting: either link to an mp3 or movie containing the voice acting of a major character, but then rely on transcription for the most part.

Please do, there's some nice voicework in this game, along with some amusingly cheesey deliveries by some characters.

Female Gangrel, by the way. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

gatz posted:

Can I ask the thread a question? Do people prefer 1024x768 or 800x600 screenshot size?

800x600 would be nice, yeah. I'm already sold with the comic cutscenes, that's neat as hell.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

double nine posted:

So let's do a count: how many people used the severed arm weapon when you had far more useful melee weapons to deal with an enemy? There's something about that flopping arm that's really funny to me. (I might be a fishmalk by nature though)

Lost Generation posted:

All the best games let you use a severed/detached arm as a weapon :colbert:

Not only did I do that in this game, I did it whenever I had a chance in Rune multiplayer; the moment someone hacks off my arm, I throw my current weapon at them and immediately seek revenge with my own severed arm.

Rune was great for that. :black101:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Yeah, hotel first, get it out of the way.

I still love how excitable Knox is. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
The mansion is neat the first few times, but when I got to replaying the game to try other clans, I got tired of it once I knew what I could avoid, what I could skip, and just bumrush to the end. The bit where the dude shows up with the axe is still good though, and I agree with others that over multiple playthroughs, you still find more and more little details in the mansion.

As for vampires drinking blood from the walls made by a ghost, I imagine if I were running the game, I'd say something along the lines that it's of supernatural origin and it's like cheap beer; it tastes like crap, makes you feel weird the more you drink, and your body derives no nutritional value from it. :v:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
To err is human, and Mercurio's just a human who's had a sip of the good stuff. No reason to report what's already been resolved.

If we're going to screw with LaCroix, there's no reason to reveal our hand just yet. Best to schmooze with him in the meantime.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So I'm a little confused about Mages, exactly. If reality in the OWoD is basically consensus and magic is all about being a lucid dreamer, why can't a Vampire or other supernatural be a proper mage? Why does being undead exclude you from realizing that reality is basically just a big shared mass hallucination?

I'm still new to the whole WoD thing, but I figured that anyone could philosophize on the nature of the universe and stumple upon its true nature, but being able to act on that knowledge is another thing entirely. Like, you can have the most intelligent dog around, but it can't do much without thumbs. Vampires just don't have the thumbs for that kind of magic, I guess? :shrug:

edit: I also wouldn't be surprised if the devs behind all the Thing: The Happening stuff decided "Just keep it separate so it has some semblance of balance and we save ourselves a headache."

tlarn fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 13, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
When I played Bloodlines and got to this point, I could see why Jack does his own thing; you've got one group, Camarilla, saying that you're a member whether you like it or not, and then you got the Anarchs that seem to be very binary, you're either with them or against them.

I always had the image of Jack wandering around, throwing the double deuce at everyone behind him.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Kill them both and everyone on Boris's floor, begin the descent into vampire paranoia. No ends left loose, no blood left wasted. :tinfoil:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
So long as character commentary is one thing and LP commentary is another, I'm cool with whatever. :v:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Brother Kanker's one of those characters that has dialogue delivered in such a hammy way that I love it. Go feeding on that flesh, Kanker. :allears:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Heather's like a puppy you helped heal but then it starts following you around, and you can't just shoo it away or it'll be worse off, but you can't really accept it because you've never had to take care of a pet before. That's how I looked at it. :smith:

I do remember successfully sneaking all the way over to the Sarcophagus when I played this game. Definitely wasn't worth the effort, especially with how finicky stealth can be in this game.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I'm guessing this is where I floated off from the game and stopped playing, this mansion's a new one on me! :toot:

I was already expecting a "asylum subject Embraced by a Malkavian convinces himself that he's a psychologist" angle when you were going into this mansion. The presence of the wife throws a wrench into that, but I like how they wrote Grout anyway. Especially the brain in the jar, that's a nice touch.

edit: Also amusing how, because he was a Malkavian who can still talk just fine, he immediately got the job of being the territory's Malk' representative. "Holy poo poo, you're still normal? You're hired!"

"drat it all, now I'm doing it too..." :haw:

tlarn fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 11, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
The Nosfertu primogen, representative of all Nosferatu within the area, who are masters of stealth and information-gathering and reviled for how they look, who is now suspected of taking the Ancaran Sarcophagus, is named Gary.

Gaaaaryyyyy! :argh:

It's a livin'! :drac:

Also LaCroix's new dramatic lighting fixture is great.

I'm surprised that Jack would drop a bombshell like diablerie on a fresh vampire. I thought that's something you'd try to keep hush-hush or at least really downplayed so as not to plant the idea in this newbie, especially a newbie he helped out, that she can drain other vamps to become the alpha vamp.

All that said, Dominate the dude, no-one messes with our buddy.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
You know, I wonder why ghouling the newcomer isn't an option. I'm sure it would be if this were tabletop Vampire, or it would at least be open to discussion. Heather would have automatic seniority in the entourage pecking order and vitae first-dibs! Though I'll bet it becomes exponentially more difficult to keep them from breaking the Masquerade as you add more ghouls to your group. More mouths to feed vitae to, as well, but it could be a temporary addition to the group.

Do ghouls pick up clan quirks as they have vitae in their system on a regular basis? I remember it being mentioned in the thread that ghouls can use their banked vitae to heal themselves, but I don't remember if they pick up any other abilities or the clan flavor and behavior.

What I'm asking is if Heather has any extra lines for each playable clan.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I'm kinda sad I only discovered internet cafes when their popularity was dying down. Go to a place and play on one of their computers for games I don't have but still wanna try out, stuff like that. Could even bring your computer tower and just hook up everything like that if you wanted. Even the few times I went though, I already noticed the problem with internet cafes; they're already kinda like comic/hobby stores. There's a specific group of regulars that go to the business, and the business has its own ecosystem, for better or for worse. If you didn't like the surroundings, you weren't going to stick around in there for long.

The cafes I went to had either Call of Duty dudebros or people who'd do nothing but play League of Legends, for example. Loud and rowdy a good chunk of the time I was there. The sodas and energy drinks they offered didn't help either.

edit: Closest I got to the feeling I was looking for in an internet cafe was an impromptu Killing Floor game. Was pretty cool to have a group of people all in the same room playing the game. Was hoping for more stuff like that with games like Unreal Tournament, but oh well.

tlarn fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 3, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

gatz posted:

SURPRISE MOTHAFUCKA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNSIQGcHbM

If the caitiff wants to live Old West style, he gets Old West justice. Put the mad dog down.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
The more you guys talk about it, the more I can't think of anything worse to be in any iteration of this game's universe than a thinblood. At least if you're a regular person or Something Else, you can either defend yourself with whatever power suite you have, or blend into the background and hope simple probability protects you from being a night-time snack.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Definitely B. We can test out our reflexes in little China later.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Can I or can I not be a demon-hunting luchador in the World of Darkness?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

:magical: Okay I unironically want to play a campaign now.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
What I'm getting from all this Mage talk is that the only way to really truly win Mage is to run off to a pocket dimension of your own making while flipping the double-bird to everyone you're leaving behind.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Pop the box, let God/Caine sort it out. :unsmigghh:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Actually, on the subject of the player-character, how does one confirm a match between a vampire and the person they turn? Is it instinctual, is it an aura thing like with diablerie, or is their clan quirks the only clues?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Yeah, when it was brought up that the PC's sire had to be a pretty old vamp for the power level your character has, first thing that came to mind for me was "Wellp, end of the world's coming, may as well do the vampire equivalent of suicide-by-cop and drat someone for funsies while I'm at it."

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Diablerie has to be performed on vampire that's of a lower generation than you, yeah? You can't chomp down on a bunch of your peers or those of a higher generation than you for the same effect?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Man, that last encounter with LaCroix is a real showcase of one of the things that makes the game memorable and neat, the facial emoting everyone can do.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Oh, just remembered; in that mall area, I know the one store is a spoof on A&W and the other is Hungry Howie's, but what's Extreme Tofu supposed to be?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
A Malkavian would search WikiHow of Darkness for a guide on bomb-whispering and disarm it that way.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.

ulmont posted:

Caine is as far beyond the Antediluvians as the Antediluvians are beyond mortals and higher-generation vampires. His powers are essentially limitless and his motivations unfathomable. Trying to ascribe either motives or rules to Caine is a waste of time. Remember the character sheet:

I still love the weakness bit.

I'm guessing the "chronicle" space is just for whatever campaign the character's in, yeah?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I really love Lacroix's panicking suddenly going deadpan in the Kuei-jin ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
Oh god, it just hit me while I was at work. The "I don't want to know, I don't want to know" lines with the Malkavian PC is a rare moment of lucidity as they get streamed info on the Cabbie and are just :stare: at the results they're getting, isn't it?

• Locked thread