Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Well, I just looked at the page and the ~TRUE PATCH~ is stillthere, called the TRUE GOLD PATCH.

What was removed was the "VTM:B MEGAMOD" which was, apparently, choke-full of "Adult Content"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Vicissitude posted:

Uh... yeah. Totally not me. :tinfoil:

Hmmmm. Your hesitation makes me doubt. What planet do you come from?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

citybeatnik posted:

Now, allow me to pose a question: why on earth does it matter that they picked the feminine pronoun?
Because we are goons?
Well, that and it's assumed that most Tabletop RP players are, y'know, nerdy guys who can't get a girl to play if they made a blood sacrifice to Khorne.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, Illuminate me, please. What is the power difference between Vampires and Werewolves? I know that at the very least, a single Werewolf is vastly stronger than your average 13 gen vamp.
At what gen can a vamp match a werewolf? And at what gen can the vamp take on the werewolf easily?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'm glad my single question brought this thread back from non-updatey based torpor :).

Really, the thread itself is as good as the LP itself, the lore-sperging is simply smashing.

There aren't any Lasombra in VtM:B, right? You guys can teach us about them without spoiling anything, right?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Alright, if the True Fae are warping reality, how come they don't get hit with a paradox?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Because Hunter is the only game line built with the assumption that you'll be seeing anything outside its own line.

Okay that's...An answer. A good answer, if not what I expected.
Anybody have a theory?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I love how the thread became more or less "WoD is Awesome" :allears:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Oh so agreed. Its embarassing looking back on it really.

Of course, there's also the fact that if you don't do what she asks, she starts bawling her eyes out and guilt-tripping you.
I just cannot say no when I see something like that.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

So what's the deal with Mummies in the oWoD?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

So! Does the oWoD have Cthulhu-ish "things that shouldn't be".
Y'know, lovecraftian creatures beyond time and space.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

What's the deal with Genius: The Transgression?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Aw. I thought it would be something nice.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Gantolandon posted:

The thing that really cracked me up is one of the ways to regenerate Mania. Most of them are quite mundane: contemplation or research. But you can also capture someone, restrain them and rant about your master plan - thirty seconds and you're nearly full.

:pseudo: "They called me mad! But I'll show them! I'll show them all!" followed by 25 seconds of mad laughter.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Eh. They weren't "things that should not be," though. They were just squid disease tentacle things. They actively want to destroy humanity. Lovecraft's signature brand of horror is that these entities, and the universe in general, just does not care about humanity. All of humanity's accomplishments, all of its hopes and dreams, are nothing but a blink in the eye of a vast and uncaring universe and will be snuffed out like a candle when the stars are right. It's not that there are monsters out to get you - it's that there are monsters, but they have the same regard for humanity that we have for ants on the sidewalk.

And, y'know, sometimes kids take a magnifying glass to them. Or some guy gets artsy and drips molten metal down the anthill to get a sculpture.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I'm gonna say... Jeanette. She is Nicer than her sister.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

So, if I may ask, what is the deal with Garou Abominations? I remember them being mentioned a few pages back

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

...wait, isn't your humanity at one?
Isn't that, y'know, dangerous?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

I love the image of the guy ending the conversation and going straight into a kick.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Can somebody sperg about Genius?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

What does a Laibon look like if he has both high Aye and high Orun?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

^Thid guy doesn't know what he's taking about, it was far more entertaining than simply showing us how bad the mod is. Trying to rationalize the bad parts makes it better! Keep it up!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

^Jees man, what did narrative LPs kill your mom or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

whoever suggested strapping bombs to RC cars and sending them after vampires is a genius.

• Locked thread