Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Yeah, but vampires are :emo: as gently caress. Well, the setting is, individual vampires vary a lot. Basically, if it's counting on someone not dicking you over, it won't fly. So it goes.

I can't remember if anyone brought this up, but isn't there a line at the Voerman club where Therese contemptuously accuses Jeanette of "fornicating with kine"? I know she's supposed to be a vampire-slut and all, but that's unusual e-

-HARD LEFT, THREAD!-

Do the other franchises have diablerie equivalents? Like, can a Mage consume another mage and gain his power? What about the Kuei-Jin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
WESP is one of those modders who marches to the beat of his own drum. There's reason people started using :WESP: as a faux-smiley.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
That was... sublime. That was amazing. I don't even- oh man, just :allears:

I laughed so hard I almost cried at the xenomorphs in jail. And when you got to Grout's wife, I thought I was gonna pass out. Holy poo poo. This mod is so very earnest, and so very misguided. Like, it has no idea what it wants to achieve, aside from "include poo poo to do" and "make it different from vanilla just because." There's no context, purpose, explanation, or consistency. Never mind that the combat in this game is rear end, we need more of it, and it needs to be harder! At any, and I do mean any, cost.

...except not even that, because that would imply deliberation and a guiding purpose, which this mod does not have. The mind boggles.

See, I give WESP credit for trying. He didn't execute on his ideas very well (at all), but I could see where he was going, you know? He even tried his hand at incorporating the writing into the main game. That's what kept my suspension of disbelief from totally collapsing, even though his added content was sort of terrible. It stands out because it's bad, but not because it's fundamentally out of place. The public library quest, for example, could be made decent with better writing and a good bit of polish. By contrast, Grout's wife being a boss fight is just so glaringly, innately inappropriate that there's no saving it.

You're a brave LPer, TheMcD. If your sanity holds out, please continue, because this trainwreck is absolutely delightful. Think of it like a character-building exercise. Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich staerker and all that.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Maybe the designers fancied themselves neo-Dark Souls types. "Hey guys, Dark Souls had hard combat, why don't we just crank up the numbers on enemy strength and then the fun will practically make itself!" Brilliant. :hurr:

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
And that's a wrap. Holy poo poo.

You're a hell of an LPer. Your persistence is baffling and slightly worrisome, but goddamn, you actually did it. I will always remember coming to the section where you fight Grout's wife, and laughing so hard I started crying. Good times.

• Locked thread