Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.

Vicissitude posted:

Uh, Mexico City is THE Sabbat hangout in the wWoD. The only place of more political importance was in Spain, and that tanked with the death of Cardinal Moncada at the hands of his childe, Lucita.

That sounds like a pretty good story there. Care to elaborate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.

Vicissitude posted:

Not much to elaborate on. Lucita hated him, and he was a very powerful political animal. While a Sabbat Bishop is the equivalent to a Camarilla Prince, a Cardinal is sort of between a Prince and a Justicar. They control entire regions, though generally not entire countries or continents. I think Moncada was an exception, and his control was largely over most of Spain and Portugal. There were other Bishops below him, but he was pretty much the one in charge.

Anyway, Lucita killed him, with the aid of her on-again, off-again lover, the Assamite Fatima al-Faquadi. The Sabbat was quite pissed at her for a while, putting bounties on her head, until a few years later when they sort of accepted she'd be a better ally than enemy (considering she's an assassin on par with Fatima). They offered her the Cardinalship she had 'vacated' in Spain. There's a novel trilogy that explains that story, whereas the actual death of Moncada happens in the 13-book Clan novel series.

I think you can get the compiled volumes online for cheap if you're interested. Some are hit or miss, but largely, they're pretty good. The Malkavian book is especially good, since it shows you how a Malk actually sees the world around him.

Oh I see now. See, when you said Bishops and Cardinals, I thought that meant the Sabbat was running the Church in the Iberian Peninsula. That'd Be wild...

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Basically this. All mummies are incredibly ancient and several talk about Caine like he is a buddy of theirs and how Moses (an ancient and powerful Mage who is still around) likes to chill at their pad. Mummies make Demons pause.

So what's the deal with Moses being a Mage. Is there anything to it besides that?

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
What's this "Avatar Storm" folks were talking about in relation to Mage on the last page? Seems important.

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.

Romeo Charlie posted:

Gatz, you're feeling down making this LP. Go to the strippers and go treat yourself to a happy ending.

Gonna agree with this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
Talk him down. And Gatz, if you have more fun making updates by throwing out of universe stuff like that in, then I suggest you keep it up. It looks like you had fun doing that. :)

• Locked thread