Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Good luck with this, Gatz, I think we all know the history around people here trying to LP this game. It's stopped at least five people now. Also:

Lotish posted:

I'm gonna go for Female Gangrel. The Ventrue lady looks attractive, but I think I'd like to see how the beasty clan negotiates politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

gatz posted:

RIP Hampooj. :qq:

If you make it past the hotel I think you will have out done all the ones I've seen, either that or getting past the reveal that the vampire twins are actually one insane vampire which I believe comes up right after.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

TheMcD posted:

Really? That's surprisingly quick. I'd figure most LPs would only give up once those sewers come up.

As an aside, I like the fact I can just say those sewers and most people already know what I mean.

Don't quote me on that one, but back in the dark days when SSLP ruled the forums there were a few attempts at the game that ended right after either of those two plot points, and then a VLP of one that I believe got a bit further, but not much.

Game's cursed is what I'm saying.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The hotel is as far as the last thread got with this game, or maybe the mission after? Either way, I'm pulling towards that so you can just get it out of the way and get on with the rest of the game as I remember people saying the hotel was kind of a slog at times.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Deadmeat5150 posted:

That hotel is the breaking point of these LPs. So many have started only to end there.

Yeah, I remember one broke right after the hotel, as in, that was the last update. Another broke before the hotel update could go up, and another one got through the hotel, turned in the quest and I think did some side stuff before it ended.

Hotel's haunted.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but World of Darkness is basically a setting where every terrible creature and monster from stories and mythology exists to some extent? Like there are Frankenstein's monster style creatures running around hunting down the Shadow People who are being controlled by Grey Aliens? The Wikipedia article isn't as in depth as some of the knowledge being thrown around here is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

gatz posted:

Sorry about the wait, everyone. BloodNet was released on GOG and I feel obligated to write a lengthy review of it so people know that it's not a very good game. It shouldn't be much longer.

RIP another V:TM-B thread as gatz gets so caught up in the review he forgets this LP exists.

Joking aside, I'm enjoying the LP, but the side discussions really add a ton to the experience as the more WoD-experienced posters explain significant happenings or mentions in the updates that someone with my level of knowledge of the WoD (none) wouldn't get.

• Locked thread