Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Or the magic of save editing can assist the narrative...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
How is Wales doing so well internationally?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
FA expects Giggs to have regressed or even have retired by 2016? Clearly the simulation still needs some work.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Jenner posted:

Justin Bailey is seriously my favorite player on your team. He was the moment you showed his name. I'm thrilled that he's also doing incredibly well (playing well above his appraised skill level, even!) I'm tempted to try to customize a Wrexham jersey with his name and number on it unironically.

I never want him to leave, but his eventual aging and fall from grace is gonna be so sad for me. It may not be a long time until you get another man like Justin Bailey, but man. :allears: I still think he's one of a kind.

Can you still turn old players into coaches/assistant coaches?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Let's be honest with ourselves here. Wrexham is a small Welsh town of some 45,000 souls. Maybe 60k if you really stretch the town limits, a generous 120k or so for the whole county. We should never realistically see huge crowds.

A sellout of our 15k seat stadium would be a full third of the town showing up for the game.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah. He might sit out practices, malinger, become a cancer in the clubhouse and a distraction to the team, etc. But like I said on the last page in comparing Tottenham and Liverpool, you don't sell your best players unless you have to.

Don't rightly know, I turned off League One and forgot that I won't be able to track their progress. I'll fix that next year.

VVVV Reposting for ease of reading for folks.

Please fix it by ensuring Tackleford gets promoted and ends up in the same league as us again.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Torrannor posted:

Blatter will rule FIFA until he dies :negative:

I hear FIFA is channeling bribe money toward stem cell research and advanced cryogenics.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
And this is all at the highest administrative level, ignoring the corruption and incompetence of the the refs at world cups and other major events year after year.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

blakout posted:

I don't think there's a lot of ref corruption there definitely is some but refereeing a pro soccer game played at the highest level is really loving hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2010_FIFA_World_Cup_controversies

And 4 years back with Japan and Korea getting some help making deep runs in the World Cup they hosted.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Hmm. Bosnia sure did get screwed by the referees today.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
The 'things even out over the long haul' is really a terrible argument for world cup games where most individual players have one or two chances to play ever, and most small nations have a once in a generation shot at making a run.

And I'm not sure how UEFA qualifying is relevant, the low seed in Pot A and Pot B should mathematically end up in the same group once every nine years. Belgium getting through in a group against Croatia, Serbia, Scotland, Wales, and Macedonia is just about as easy a path.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Southampton will escape relegation yet!

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Trundel posted:

Huzzah! Every member of the team should get some celebratory Welsh Rarebit!

Let me pull out my Fowler's here for a second. Ah yes:

Welsh Rabbit: Welsh Rabbit is amusing and right. Welsh Rarebit is stupid and wrong.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Wait, how is Mali so good? Can we steal any of their players?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Wait, he was born IN WREXHAM but is neither Welsh nor eligible to play for Wales?

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
All reasons VPNs and BBC/other international streams are your friends. NBCs coverage is terrible bullshit.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
Really the bigger problem is that he was capped for England and not Wales. Doubly a traitor!

The Welsh sadly seem to have squandered their golden generation.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

Chicken posted:

I was under the impression that French Guyana wasn't a territory or anything of France, it actually is as much a part of France as Paris or Lyon. Could Hawaii form a national football team and play in whatever the Oceanic equivalent of the Gold Cup is?

Yep. Overseas department of France and an integral part of the French Republic and the European Union.

Hawaii would probably be competitive in the OFC Nations Cup, given the competition is the likes of New Zealand and Tahiti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
And the welsh are through in euros. A good day for the dragons.

• Locked thread