Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Howay the lads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Viva la Dragons!

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Our borrowed players should be inbred and horribly disfigured.

Lets have Norwich as our parent club!

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

A/B (Inquisitively) Can we not just replace our current scouts with better ones? If not, 2 more should do you fine laddy.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

ALL THE BEES

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

£850pw
2 Years
No; we should focus on playing beautiful, incisive passing football.
Focus on youth. Our squad development should be entirely internal from the youth team up at the earliest possible opportunity.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm probably wrong but our new wünderkid's last name should be pronounced mudj-ic, as in, he's going to be our mudjic man this season or something equally dross.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

TRIPLE A SOCCERBALL

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Excellent set of results!

Good news on the game recognising your commitment to youth. Are we going to continue down that route? If so, is it worth seeing if we can improve our youth facilities?

Also I've noticed when we play the big teams you tend to go for counter/defensive and get meh results yet when we do decide do go attacking we usually scrape something. Worth going attacking more?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

If there isn't a way to stop dear old Meteor disappearing for months every couple of years would you just change his nationality (Welsh!) or are we just going to have to learn to live with the situation?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Oh god we're going to go up to the Prem and get our poo poo pushed in for a season aren't we? :ohdear:

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

My votes and feelings as follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrGuyw1V8s

:allears:

Zip! fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 19, 2014

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm assuming by the way that even if we could scout globally our rep wouldn't be high enough at this point to actually draw players in yet. Also assuming that if we get a foreign feeder club we'll still be sending the kind of players we would've sent to a championship team.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

JT Jag posted:

I don't think our scouting knowledge is 100% in just the areas that we are currently covering. And expanding our scouting range is going to cause our scouting knowledge to take a hit. I just think we should focus on our current range until our scouting knowledge hits 100% again.

Yeah thats what I'm saying here - what is the point in expanding when we haven't and can't reap the full benefits of current scouting range.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Cripes the league is tight this year. One loss away from being in the relegation zone, one win away from being in the top 10.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

So wait do we own our stadium now or are we just going to bug the board until they cave and build us a new one?

If the latter can we edit our stadium so it is much older and would it improve the chances of the board accepting our request?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

19 votes?!

BABA by the way.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Save the brain cells just do £40m :)

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

What an outstanding turn of events :allears:

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I don't think we should sell him and if we do its for no less than £50m.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Thread is great, keep going for as long as the game remains a challenge.

Alternatively I'd love to see you do a "La Masia" bonus edition once the main LP is over where you can only sign/play players who come up through your youth team (poaching other teams regens is allowed) and having to loan out your hoard of kids to get them enough experience.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

60m, 10m discretionary exceptional player fund with board approval prior to spending

Invest all the money in improving facilities.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

A minor request and feel free to disregard it if you or others don't agree but in future could you spoiler tag stuff like this?

habeasdorkus posted:

Our results through the next update:

I know it sounds stupid but I like the tension of not knowing how we're going to do ahead of time and seeing that we're fine kind of takes the wind and excitement out of things.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Not so much; I tend to keep up with the BBC/Guardian Minute by Minutes but perhaps I should and it might make things more interesting when I can't get to matches.

I guess in this case it'd be like BBC posting the full time score score then doing a minute by minute - takes the excitement out of it somewhat, for me at least anyway.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

To be fair he's only hating on Arsenal's achievements because his own club don't have a whole lot worth celebrating.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

A Tartan Tory posted:

They can always celebrate not being Arsenal, that's a pretty big achievement. :smuggo:

I suppose they do like to embrace mediocrity so it would be right up their street ;)

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

It's happening! :allears:

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Offsides wouldn't be too hard to automate or be called by a TV ref - you just have a fixed camera set up behind each goal and a virtual game line tracking up and down the pitch following the last man.

I'm all for teams getting 1 video challenge too - the way it works in field hockey is a team can ask to review anything that happens within 25 yards of goal.

I'd also play stop clock rather than injury time to cut down on the amount of lovely time wasting you get in games but thats another story.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

So I went and picked the game up in the sale - are there any recommended skins or graphics packs?

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

A

Develop the players then sell them for all the money.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

GruntyThrst posted:

Nooo not Rocky! Someone roll out the time machine! Nobody will blame you if you save scum.

Yes they will - if they bought him for a pound, maybe, but mistakes must be punished.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I'm voting for Xtanstic. I want us to get all Harlem Globetrotter up in here.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

My vote is for whoever lets us go out and try to win every game 6-0.

EDIT: Challenge - What is the (in game) EPL record for goals scored by a club in a season? I want you to go out and smash it. Goals conceded/Goal difference is irrelevant.

Zip! fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 20, 2014

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

£100m - Spend the rest on upgrading the facilities, it can't cost £75m surely?

Whichever option gives the best possible chance of developing our players

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

The champ is here!

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

140m
A
B - See what affects the adjustment in ticket prices have first for a season
+25%
0 They seem priced about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

JT Jag posted:

You have to sim the MLS if you're going to continue on as the US manager. It'd be crazy if you didn't. Consider this a vote for that and nothing else.

Seconded.

• Locked thread